Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Can mods ban themselves?

I'm not trying to ruffle any scales or cause a big scene here. I'm just wondering, like in regards to the fact that I've heard a lot of people say if the older, "get off my lawn you lousy kids" mods, resigned, ( a la Richard Nixon I assume) things would somehow get better. I'm not sure of this either way, but a good way to test it (to a degree) might be if Gus and Palo took a little vacation so we could test the theory, instead of letting it just float in the air and be muttered about in dark bars and communist frequented coffee shops (where any ambivalence might grow.)

I have nothing against the mods, not in any big way. How they dealt with Droolmaster was not great in my opinion at all, (in fact I think... well, who cares what I think, really? (feel free to quote that) I've been around for a long time and though I try to be helpful, many members just have better answers so I'll usually leave most things to them...) though, THOUGH, from reading their posts (the mods) I can most definitely sympathize with their point of view and the frustrations often involved in their work.

I'm not saying this to mess with them (you guys, Palo and Gus, I don't want to be rude and not address you, as a life long amateur I respect you guys in your musical knowledge and what you do with it), just maybe they could take a vacation from the wierdness and the madness, walk among the common man for awhile, and we could maybe really find out if it's in fact, better for the board or not. Though we all may have a different idea of what a better community is, isn't that what really matters in the end?

Just an idea, a proposed experiment really. I've got no malice in my heart, in fact malice is one of my most disliked qualities. It just seems like an interesting idea, and I humbly, and respectfully, present it for the thoughtful and objective consideration, of the board yes to a small degree, but really for the mods themselves. I mean no disrespect what so ever, and it is for you to disregard or not.

I'm most certainly not going to turn this into a poll, for I think that would be very unfair, sleazy and deragoatory to Gus and Palo. I don't care what anybody says, that would not be cool at all.

Thank you for taking the time off from running guns for the Yakuza to read this, and I welcome alternate points of view.

(P.S. Sorry to the mods if the thread title was a little on the provacative side, it's the best i could come up with.)

(P.P.S. I'm sorry things could not be worked out with droolmaster. Prickly guy or not, he was a straight shooter, which is an endangered species really, and the majority of the time he had thought provoking and interesting ideas about music and life and the music of life... I guess. Whatever happened, I'll say it's not the same here without him, though I'll refrain from proposing marriage.)

Peace.
    For furry little criiters and G-ed up hustlas with emotional problems...

http://www.fusionanomaly.net

"She’s obviously ‘manly’ enough to pull off a male persona, and I’d wager she has the penis to prove it."

"I was saying Boo-urns."

Now that we have four mods I'm hoping for a mod war to break out, with KSS split down the middle, goofy hobbyists vs serious-like-a-heart-attack pros, jedi mods vs sith mods. KamehameBAN!!!! Just think of the epic modbanbattles, this place would become a wasteland, the strewn corpses of innocent bystander bannees littering the OT threads...

That would be so boss.

Comment

I'm not banning myself or banning Paolo, btw, even while it is technically possible.

Now, let's welcome -not- the ****************fest this thread will provoke.

... However, I can promise you that if there is created one more thread about banning the mods, about "supporting" Gene Schwartz or any other resemblance of these two topics, I will close them and apply a one-week off to the person creating the post. If this is the way you like things, so be it.
      www.guslozada.com

Comment

What happens if I put "I <3 Mr. Schwartz" in my signature. Is that cool or no

Comment

I don't care if you love him and if you tattoo his name in your butt, dude.
          But I'm not tolerating more threads with the same topic.

I don't know why you may think it makes the forum any better, other than creating more controversy and say "Hey Man, look the thread I opened at the KSS to provoke Gus and Paolo!" which as a matter of fact, is the case here.
          www.guslozada.com

Comment

Could a Mod make a thread so off topic that even he couldn't ban it ?
            HW Synths/Keys:QS Plus Piano w/Vintage Card, CLP-820, Kurz PC2X, Wavestation SR, Matrix 1000, TX81Z, MKS-50, Alpha Juno 2 , Korg TR-Rack, EMU Proteus 2K, ESQ-1, TG_77

SW-Synths: B4II, Elektrik Piano, Akoustik Piano, MinimougeVA, FM-8, Pro-53, Massive, Absynth, OP-X, SuperWave P8, and about a zillion others

Hardware-Other: MOTU Express XT, WaMi Rack 24, M-120, Behringer Virtualizer, Behringer PMP2000, American Audio Passive PA speakers

SW: CWPA 9.0, Sonar HS 6.0

Comment

but I don't want to get his name tattooed in my butt

Comment

... However, I can promise you that if there is created one more thread about banning the mods, about "supporting" Gene Schwartz or any other resemblance of these two topics, I will close them and apply a one-week off to the person creating the post. If this is the way you like things, so be it.

I think you may have missed the point, he wasnt in anyway trying to ruffle feathers or cause a flame war. Just expressing an idea that MAYBE you and Paolo have gotten a little overly heated lately.

pleae note that I have exchanged a many PM with Paolo in the last couple days and I am doing everything I can to see your guys point of the situation and I can see where I was wrong about things and I can see his point of the situation, I say this so this post doest come across as a "flame".

I mean that honestly when I say that you may have missed the point of this thread and I am not trying to cause trouble.

Civil discourse about this matter not allowed? We're all adults here.
                Used Dave smith instruments MEK - $900 shipped

Comment

And then, it was just the right time to it, right?

A civil discourse... let's just see what comes next regarding what a civil discourse is for some, including you.

Still, I will do what I promised.
                  If you wanted to know, I'm the Sith here.
                  www.guslozada.com

Comment

I don't know why you may think it makes the forum any better, other than creating more controversy and say "Hey Man, look the thread I opened at the KSS to provoke Gus and Paolo!" which as a matter of fact, is the case here.

I realy don't think he's questioning your judgements or actions in an attempt to be cool or controversial. He phrased his points very respectfully, something I was impressed with as I'm not sure I could do the same at this point. I dislike the way this forum is moderated and think there should only be two, fresh, mods. You may ban me for saying so if you wish. Locking threads that get a bit heated and banning anyone that upsets the status quo makes for mundane discussion where people are afraid to speak their minds. It's KSS FFS, not childcare.

Comment

And then, it was just the right time to it, right?

A civil discourse... let's just see what comes next regarding what a civil discourse is for some, including you.

Still, I will do what I promised.

what? I dont control The Severalist

what comes next will probably be people stating that they either disagree or agree with what has taken place here and what they like or dislike about this forum. A discussion if you will, civil discourse.

btw, you know the Sith was fictional right?

we're all friends here!

Comment

you would have to take 'the test' to find out for sure

..it involves a simple measurement of your 'midi-chlorians'

.....sorry, couldnt resist
                        Vive La Synthesizer!

Comment

btw, you know the Sith was fictional right?

... just like your honest expectations on a Civil discourse, I presume

But let's see... anyway, it's time to go to bed and time to Flat Earth to keep the discussion going...
                          www.guslozada.com

Comment

maybe my expectations are too high, but I'd love to see people on both sides say "hey you know what, I ****************ed up. Ill fix this..."

Comment

What the heck Mytee, you're selling a MEK too ... I'm only selling mine since I just bought a PEK. I've noticed a couple others selling their MEK too. Economy?

-----------------------

It's sad even that we have to talk about all this moderator stuff. A good forum is one without off topic drama. One that the moderators are hardly noticed as moderators and instead just as another frequenter. Although the ones with drama act as a reality TV show sucking device. It brings everyone in whether they like it or think it's all stupid, everyone will feel something about it. What has gone on here is off topic and pretty silly. So, in that sense I applaud the moderators for making an effort. It makes sense because this is a forum about musical electronics. Everyone wants to express themselves and get a response over it. Some people do it in different ways than others. But what I haven't understood, since I havent paid attention to the drama, is if someone really wants to be here, why would you even show your pride and pick an altercation with someone else. I feel like I'm mumbling, but I think all this is really dumb on everyone's part involved. Is this forum cleaned up now??? It feels more and more communistic around here.

I don't think it's right to cut off people's sense of humor, as long as it's not overboard - then it gets out of hand. I think everyone needs to know their limits.

I've never talked to the mods off the forum and I've never needed to (not implying anything here). But I wouldn't mind starting up a dialogue with them about why all this is going on lately compared to years ago when I never saw any of this go on.

In the end, I think everyone looks at this as a split between personal issues and responsibility/accountability.
                              ____
                              ______

"It’s got to reflect a personality, rather than a quantized performance. Despite the technological revolution that’s been going on over the past few years, it’s not like we’re sitting around saying, ‘Wow... much better records are being made.’” - Atticus Ross

Pumps from my Heart {+}{}{+}{} Filtered through my Mind ~-~->

But yet I need more Cowbell

if you never read my signature, you'll never know how I sign my name

Comment

Working...
                              X