X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!

It's Animato, btw
    If you need a KSP script, e-mail me! Depending on amount of work, the price can be arranged!

Folio: Zero-G - Animato | Sonokinetic - Tigris & Euphrates - Desert Voice - Carousel - Toccata - Voices Of Israel - EMP - FE | Hollow Sun - HSDV Drum Synthesiser - Music Laboratory Machines Series - RMI Electrapiano

Comment

Having had both a PC361 and M50-73 at my disposal, I gigged with the M50, despite liking the PC361's sounds better, because I preferred the Korg's light weight, the extra keys, and the touch screen which I had set up to make it very easy to switch right hand sounds on the fly while doing left hand bass. Functionality trumped sound for those gigs. (I also briefly had a PC3, but I did not like the feel of its keyboard at all, and it was way too big and heavy.)

Funny that people said PC3 was so easily superior to the M50, but it would be a tougher call against the M3, considering that, in most ways, the comparison is the same (that is, the vast majority of the sound and functionality of the M3 is also in the M50). I think that, if you prefer the Kurz over either of those Korgs, you'll likely prefer the Kurz over both of them, and vice versa.

Comment

I'm lovin my PC3X now that I discovered Kurz, wish I had given up on my other previous boards long ago, does everything extremely well, best of all worlds great do it all keyboard and great degree of creativity. However I have not had a Korg, wonder what it would give me that I can't come up with already. I am having some trouble getting the exact synth sound I am looking for but maybe I have not put it together yet. So what is Korg's real forte, what does it do well?

Comment

However I have not had a Korg, wonder what it would give me that I can't come up with already. I am having some trouble getting the exact synth sound I am looking for but maybe I have not put it together yet. So what is Korg's real forte, what does it do well?

I use both a Korg Triton and Radias. Most of my music is purely synth-based and it's easy to create the sounds I'm looking for with both, especially the Radias with all the individual knobs. Someone in this thread mentioned that Korg sounds are "processed," however, I'd prefer to say they are "finished" and they sound good in a mix or live. Obviously you can always remove the effects if you like.

A friend of mine has an M3 which offers some outstanding acoustic and synth sounds. I'm amazed with the pads, leads and EFX he's created, all without the optional EXB Radias board.

Of course the new Kronos is phenomenal with its selection of synth engines, but that's way out of my price range.
          Too many keyboards, not enough music.

Comment

Blargh, I can't seem to find any kurzweils to demo here in Orlando....I need to know if the b3 organ, which was by many accounts improved by an OS update, will be good enough. My other option is something like an electro 3 or roland vr-700, but of course I lose flexibility with all other sounds if I go that way.

Comment

I need to know if the b3 organ, which was by many accounts improved by an OS update, will be good enough.

I heard it was a significant upgrade. Hopefully an owner here on the forum will weigh in with the verdict.
              Too many keyboards, not enough music.

Comment

Blargh, I can't seem to find any kurzweils to demo here in Orlando....I need to know if the b3 organ, which was by many accounts improved by an OS update, will be good enough. My other option is something like an electro 3 or roland vr-700, but of course I lose flexibility with all other sounds if I go that way.

It's good enough.
                "I remember when dubstep was just called "LFO-Locked-Filter-On-Square-Wave-Bass-Synth" in the '60s" - Alan Parsons

Kurzweil PC3♦Alesis Fusion 6HD♦Alesis Quadrasynth+Piano (3)♦Alesis QS7.1 (2)♦Alesis QSR♦ Alesis S4+♦Alesis DMPRO♦Evolution MK-461C♦Rhodes Mark II Stage 73♦Roland JX-8P♦Kawai K1 & K1m♦

Comment

Having had both a PC361 and M50-73 at my disposal, I gigged with the M50, despite liking the PC361's sounds better, because I preferred the Korg's light weight, the extra keys, and the touch screen which I had set up to make it very easy to switch right hand sounds on the fly while doing left hand bass. Functionality trumped sound for those gigs. (I also briefly had a PC3, but I did not like the feel of its keyboard at all, and it was way too big and heavy.)

Funny that people said PC3 was so easily superior to the M50, but it would be a tougher call against the M3, considering that, in most ways, the comparison is the same (that is, the vast majority of the sound and functionality of the M3 is also in the M50). I think that, if you prefer the Kurz over either of those Korgs, you'll likely prefer the Kurz over both of them, and vice versa.

Your post makes me feel like less of a ******************** for complaining about the big and heavy - thanks!
                  "I remember when dubstep was just called "LFO-Locked-Filter-On-Square-Wave-Bass-Synth" in the '60s" - Alan Parsons

Kurzweil PC3♦Alesis Fusion 6HD♦Alesis Quadrasynth+Piano (3)♦Alesis QS7.1 (2)♦Alesis QSR♦ Alesis S4+♦Alesis DMPRO♦Evolution MK-461C♦Rhodes Mark II Stage 73♦Roland JX-8P♦Kawai K1 & K1m♦

Comment

I just sent an email to our sales team in the US, asking for any dealers in your area.
                    Shoot me an email when you have a minute and hopefully we can get you sorted out.
                    davew@ycrdi.com

Dave Weiser
                    Kurzweil R&D

Comment

Here is a direct comparison of the Kurzweil B3 organ/leslie simulation vs. the Hammond B3/122 Leslie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=616uZSd6xmg

I'm pretty confident the Kurzweil will scratch the itch ...
                      '57 Hammond B3; '69 Hammond L100P; Hammond XM2/XMc2; '68 Leslie 122; Motion Sound Low Pro/Pro 3T; Neo Vent; Kurzweil PC3; Generalmusic Equinox 88 Pro and 76 key versions; Voce V5+; EV ELX112P; '67 Howard Combo Organ; http://www.dyinbreedband.webs.com

Comment

I just sent an email to our sales team in the US, asking for any dealers in your area.
                        Shoot me an email when you have a minute and hopefully we can get you sorted out.
                        davew@ycrdi.com

Dave Weiser
                        Kurzweil R&D

Hey thanks for the info. I sent over an email.

Also I appreciate the feedback and vids about the organ, it did sound good.

Comment

I've played the "real" Hammonds for years prior to easing over to the clonewheels beginning in the 1990s, finally arriving at a complete transition without regret by way of this PC3 from Kurzweil. I have to tell you: coming from a finely tuned and discriminating Hammond/Leslie ear, you will not be disappointed with the PC3. I personally have the 61 note model due to the lightness of the keys (I had the full PC3 w/76 notes and like the other post, found the keys to be "uncomfortable" and bulky in comparison with the 361, so I returned it to the store within a week or so). The key to Kurzweil's quality and duplication of the Hammond (and Leslie) sounds is the 9 sliders that emulate each pitch on a Hammond's drawbars. And that's just the start. Kurz' goes on from there and inputs a TON of parameter adjustments that your ear can attune to in getting just that "right" pitch, color, distortion, thickness........ you name it........overlaying on to that pitch. And then (and this is where I think Kurzweil goes beyond the others) the Leslie effect has the same freedoms: to overlay, adjust, thicken, even angle the virtual microphones that are in the top and lower rotor areas of a real Leslie, slow the twirling speeds, make them wider, etc., and then be able to save all of that customization very easily either into the board and/or on an SD card or even directly into your computer.

Seriously, I have found this PC3 to be the best keyboard for live-performing the type of music that I do anyway (classic rock--lots of pianos, horns, Hammonds, etc) than anything else out there. The horns, guitars, reeds, synths, are all in there too: you just have to be able to take the time and know the processes to recreate them effectively and save them for your own sounds. I really don't think this keyboard is incapable of anything, sound-reproduction wise.

Comment

between the m50 and PC3?

PC3.
                            Response from John from American Musical Supply on why I have received 2 used/damaged Korg M3's and 1 reboxed M3 from Guitar Center (a.k.a. while I'll never buy from AMS again):Footfall wrote:What you're experiencing with these units is the result of our warehouse crew intentionally "overpacking" this product.Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, nanoPAD 2

Comment

The other option is the SK1 by Hammond-Suzuki--where you get an even better Hammond/Leslie, but the limitations exist on the number of other sounds and presets available. Plus the price difference is about double.

Comment

between the m50 and PC3?

PC3.

This . . . I seriously considered an M50, but it simply didn't "grab" me - sounds, interface, build quality, none of it really impressed me.

Then someone tipped me off to a PC3 displayed about 2 hours from my house. Made the trip, and shortly afterward pulled the trigger. No regrets.
                                - Mike

CP4, PC3, Traynor K4

"I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage,
                                I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
                                I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view,
                                And life went on no matter who was wrong or right".

Comment

Working...
                                X