What do you guys make of this auction? (Andromeda)

• Members

Andromeda on Ebay for 1300

So apparently he doesn't want anyone to bid on it, he wants people to contact him directly so he can avoid fees maybe? But the point of using Ebay is so the transaction is registered so if you send money and the guy's a schmuck, you're somewhat protected by Paypal...

Still, 1300 for an Andy is something to think about... but what if it's a bad one...

• Members

Did one of you guys report it? They took it down already.

This same scam has been going on for several years now. Ebay is quick to take them down.

You'll see the exact same crappy JPG image posted in each auction: "Don't bid as I will cancel it! Buy It Now is $1300 US. Email me at ___@yahoo to purchase"

The seller will post at least 15 or 20 items at once, all with the same info in the body. The Ebay accounts are usually hijacked, so that's why they give an email address. I'm willing to bet they'll ask for a Western Union and you'll never see the item, or your money, ever again.

• Members

This same scam has been going on for several years now. Ebay is quick to take them down.

You'll see the exact same crappy JPG image posted in each auction: "Don't bid as I will cancel it! Buy It Now is $1300 US. Email me at ___@yahoo to purchase"

The seller will post at least 15 or 20 items at once, all with the same info in the body. The Ebay accounts are usually hijacked, so that's why they give an email address. I'm willing to bet they'll ask for a Western Union and you'll never see the item, or your money, ever again.

^ trut so pur

• Members

I've been following the A6 on Ebay and there was one that went for that (well, 1450.00 + 70.00 shipping), not a couple... and it needed 200 dollars worth of repairs according to the Alesis rep. It's stated in the auction. It was being sold "as is" by a guy that said it didn't work right... so I don't know that I'd buy something like that.

For one that is working perfectly, the price is never less than 1800.

• Members

Could've sworn there was another cheap A6 auction...

Actually, from searching for them I see that one started at 1200. Though I thought there was another before that one that didn't sell or maybe it got relisted for a different price.

Archived