Nord C2

cl516

• Members

:eek::eek::eek:

Wooow! A must-have for all and Bachbaroque-organ players!

I'm not really that impressed by the new features. I am, however, glad to see that they are gonna make their own foot pedal board - not that I'm gonna get one anyway, but making an organ like the C1/C2 simply demands proper equipment.

Also the faster action sounds tempting. I actually never knew what action the C1 had, but I do find that the Electro is just a tad too heavy for playing the organ. I get one by with that action - in fact it's awesome, but the light keys would probably be better.

One thing that I'd really like to have on my Electro is the ability to change drawbar/cho-vib/perc presets with the press of a single button. Having to hold down shift while pressing another button simply sucks for changing presets quickly. Also having three presets for each program rules.

That is, however, the only thing I find interesting about this their new product.

...Unjustified. Period. :evil:

• Members

:eek:

Also the faster action sounds tempting. I actually never knew what action the C1 had, but I do find that the Electro is just a tad too heavy for playing the organ. I get one by with that action - in fact it's awesome, but the light keys would probably be better.

The text actually says that it has a "firmer" action...not a faster action. I would bet it actually feels more like the NE3 than the C1.

• Members

I was going to buy a XK-3c today when due to unfortunate credit card fraud, it didn't happen.

Still think I want the Xk-3c.

Pipe organ is nice every so very rarely... occasionally, but no effects loop, no drawbars, still...

I don't know it kind of gives me the time to think more, though I really wanted to pull the trigger. Think I still will.

Unless the Monomachine tempts me instead (darn you, gear lust).

The Xk seems to scream "rock" more especially now that it has a church mode :)

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

• Members

The text actually says that it has a "firmer" action...not a faster action. I would bet it actually feels more like the NE3 than the C1.

Might be. But they also want to achieve the real tonewheel-keybed feel. I thought the Electro was a little heavy in a tonewheel perspective?

• Members

Might be. But they also want to achieve the real tonewheel-keybed feel. I thought the Electro was a little heavy in a tonewheel perspective?

Actually, I think the Electro 3 is quite a bit like my A-100. I have played so many Hammonds that not only sound different, but feel different too.

• Members

One more gripe about hammond xk3c....what about all the people who went out and dropped $2000+ dollars on the previous hammond xk-3? Oops, hammond got it wrong the first time, so lets pay Tony Monaco a wad of cash to tell people to go out and give us another try with a "new updated" system....what a joke. At least with Clavia, all you have to do is download the latest OS, not drop another $2000+ dollars.

ZING! I copied this from last week's discussion of the C1 vs. XK3c for the chuckle value.

• Members

agreed. and why attempt to recreate a dual-manual Hammond experience with too-stiff keys? the Electro keys don't loosen up THAT noticeably over time, do they?

• Members

I don't really understand who this product is targeted at either. Surely, any baroque organ player must have access to at least one church organ? I also imagine church organ players being far more conservative than i.e. tonewheelers regarding original / clone. Also, the mechanical keybed of an organ is extremely unique.

I also think that the church organ will miss something in its sound. From time to time, I get to play the local church organ for fun - and it really is fun. The most amazing part of such an organ is the combination of its sound and the building it's placed in. The bigger and more reverby the better, that's my conclusion on churches and baroque music. Even though digital reverbs are actually really, really nice, they are just no substitute for the real thing.

Clonewheels achieve a pretty decent sound in a small room. But would I ever want a church organ sound coming out of my studio monitors? No. I'd rather talk a walk to the church and rock out there.

• Members

Those pedals look sweet... wonder what the price will be? I will probably bite if they are reasonable... 1000? 1200? Wish they had put a switch down there to control leslie.

Will they offer adjustable key click for C1? Seems like a simple OS upgrade.

Will they continue to produce C1? The two products are so close in capabilities and appearance that they will cause a bit of grief for retailers.

• Members

I think it is clever, it probably didn't cost the world for them in terms of investment and they can add another "niche" to their customers. I already see the entire funk/jazz world play stages and electros and some classic rock bands...and now they can attack sleepy brands like Ahlborn and Viscount. The cembalo sound on the Electro also sounded very good and was fun to play. Go Nord!

• Members

I was going to buy a XK-3c today when due to unfortunate credit card fraud, it didn't happen.

Still think I want the Xk-3c.

Pipe organ is nice every so very rarely... occasionally, but no effects loop, no drawbars, still...

I don't know it kind of gives me the time to think more, though I really wanted to pull the trigger. Think I still will.

Unless the Monomachine tempts me instead (darn you, gear lust).

The Xk seems to scream "rock" more especially now that it has a church mode
:)

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Do it you won't regret it despite what other people say it is a pro instrument. It also has real drawbars.

• Members

$5 to the first person who can make the C2 pipe organ relevant in a modern pop context! I can see this sound getting huge all of a sudden on the dance hall scene

There were not many cameras around to film Bach's Raves.

This was pre-blacklight and they had to use actual fog!

• Members

$5 to the first person who can make the C2 pipe organ relevant in a modern pop context! I can see this sound getting huge all of a sudden on the dance hall scene.

Anyone who has had to play the opening overture from Phantom of the Opera will take that $5. But I agree... pipe organ is not something I readily need in any context.

Archived