KSS Survey: Collecting data for class!

Gatorkeys

• Members

:wave: I need to gather a data set of at least 50 samples for my statistics class, but I could gather any sort of data that I wanted! Could you guys help me out here and just answer 3 short questions? I'll let you know what I come up with based on the data, assuming its of any interest. Depending on the response here, I may have to survey some other boards as well.

1.What is the total approximate estimated value of your owned gear currently? (ROMplers, synths, organs, pianos, epianos, grooveboxes, software, sequencers, samplers, etc. :blah: Any keys related stuff that you make music with)

2. How many years since you chose to start playing/creating music/taking an active interest in this direction? (i.e. Don't count childhood lessons that you were just dragged to)

3. Do you feel limited by your current gear? (Yes or no)

I'll start.

1. $1700

2. 4 years

3. Yes

If for whatever reason you don't want to post it on the board, you can PM me and I'd really appreciate it, and I will keep it anonymous.

Thank you!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1. A couple of grand, at the most

2. About a year and a half. I've been playing for years, but only took an active interest in acquring new gear and playing since about Jan 08.

3. Nope. I have a sonic arsenal. Theoretically, I should not be limited in any way by my gear.

• Members

1.What is the total approximate estimated value of your owned gear currently? (ROMplers, synths, organs, pianos, epianos, grooveboxes, software, sequencers, samplers, etc. Any keys related stuff that you make music with)

@5k

2. How many years since you chose to start playing/creating music/taking an active interest in this direction? (i.e. Don't count childhood lessons that you were just dragged to)

35 yrs

3. Do you feel limited by your current gear? (Yes or no)

I want a Nord Electro 3 when it arrives in the states

• Members

:wave:
I need to gather a data set of at least 50 samples for my statistics class, but I could gather any sort of data that I wanted! Could you guys help me out here and just answer 3 short questions? I'll let you know what I come up with based on the data, assuming its of any interest. Depending on the response here, I may have to survey some other boards as well.

1.What is the total approximate estimated value of your owned gear currently?
(ROMplers, synths, organs, pianos, epianos, grooveboxes, software, sequencers, samplers, etc.
:blah:
Any keys related stuff that you make music with)

2. How many years since you chose to start playing/creating music/taking an active interest in this direction?
(i.e. Don't count childhood lessons that you were just dragged to)

3. Do you feel limited by your current gear?
(Yes or no)

I'll start.

1. $1700

2. 4 years

3. Yes

If for whatever reason you don't want to post it on the board, you can PM me and I'd really appreciate it, and I will keep it anonymous.

Thank you!

Very interested to see the results.

• Members

Very interested to see the results.

Good! It seemed very interesting to me, but I was having a really hard time deciding what variables to test for whatever reason. I always figured that the money one would be included, lol.

Thanks to everyone so far!

• Members

1. $25,000

2. 24 years....

I'm actually 29, but if you asked me when I was 5 what an Envelope was, I would have told you Attack Decay Sustain and Release....AND I would have been able to tell you that it was the "volume of the sound."

At age 6 I first heard the term "tooth decay" at the dentist, and I thought of my Yamaha keyboards, PSS-460 and VSS-30. Then I understood why that part of a sound was called Decay....True story!

3. No - more limited by time, ergonomics, and the space where it's all kept.

• Members

if you asked me when I was 5 what an Envelope was, I would have told you Attack Decay Sustain and Release....AND I would have been able to tell you that it was the "volume of the sound."

At age 6 I first heard the term "tooth decay" at the dentist, and I thought of my Yamaha keyboards, PSS-460 and VSS-30. Then I understood why that part of a sound was called Decay....True story!

You are so amazing.

Archived