JX-8P sysex patch dump sequence?

• Members

I want to dump the full 32 patches of user memory to sysex. I've done it before with other gear. What is the specific button procedure/sequence on the JX-8p? I can't find this specific info anywhere. I looked in the manual, but its so old, I don't get it. I just need to know what to press. BTW I don't have a mem cart, but it seems I shouldn't have to IMO.

• Members

IIRC, the JX-8P doesn't have a bank sysex dump capability.

However, if sysex is enabled (by setting the MIDI switch to III), the selected patch will be dumped when you press the patch button. So, you can dump the patches one at a time simply by selecting them.

• Members

I use CPJXWIN:

Mark

That worked awesome. I had to press each Tone button (1 through 32) in sequence, individually, after selecting "Receive" in CpJX. Then it recognizes you sent the entire bank and you can save it. There was no button in the JX-8p that initiates anything sysex, and thats where I was confused. You have to do it manually, but it does save banks with CpJX.

Loading banks back into the JX-8p is very easy.

Okay cool, I was just typing that all out for anyone looking in the future. This is actually alot easier with JX-8p than some modern synths.

SO long story short: I advise anyone with a Mac and a JX-8p to use the windows software out there instead, because a standard dump in OSX's Sysex Librarian doesn't work.

• 7 years later...

Archived