Joystick controllers

• Members

I love coming here and asking questions. Three relatively challenging questions have been answered in under an hour so far...

One more:

I have the Korg Legacy - Digital Edition, which includes an 01/W wavestation. The wavestation has a 4 way joystick controller. I used to have a Yamaha SY-22 with a similar joystick controller, and enjoyed using it as a performance tool.

Is there a way to take a joystick, or a USB gaming device and have the joysticks on in interact with the 01/W softsynth for realtime joystick control on the vectors in the sounds?

Thanks,

KJ.

• Members

Only if you find a way that a gaming joystick transmits MIDI Control Change and Pitch Bend messages :)

And you're mixing up things. 01/W is not in Digital Collection. Wavestation and M1 are. There's no such thing as "01/W Wavestation".

• Members

Some folks have devised midi translators for joysticks using MAX/MSP, but I don't know how readily they are available.

If you really want just a stand-alone joystick, you can get close using a Korg Kaosspad. Not the same feel, though. There are also a number of controller keyboards with joystick controllers, some of which aren't very expensive.

Archived