OT: OMG Farrah Fawcett has died ...

Diametro

• Members

I'm not sure why this has shocked me so much ...

Truly the end of an era ... Or the beginning of the end ...

There's so many things one could say ... But right now ... damn ... Rest in peace, Jill Munroe ... Not to mention other important roles in films like "The Burning Bed" and "Extremities."

ishackimagef.jpgishackimagef.jpg

• Members

That poster was a classic of subliminal suggestion. The word "S e x" is clearly spelled out by her hair (The S is on her shoulder, the e above her breasts, the x at the base of her neck.)

Even if all that was just a coincidence this poster sure spelled "sex" to me when I was a kid. R.I.P. for a true star.

• Members

i dont see it but i dont think you need subliminal messages to suggest sex in that picture :eek:

sad sad though :cry: whenever im watching some 70's 80's series on netflix i always mention how sad it is that women like her would never be considered hot by today's standards. i'd take her over anyone today.

• Members

FYI, there are a lot of other people that died today as well and are getting no attention for it. I think it says terrible things about our culture when we care more about an actor/actress's death than someone elses.

• Members

FYI, there are a lot of other people that died today as well and are getting no attention for it. I think it says terrible things about our culture when we care more about an actor/actress's death than someone elses.

That's quite true but we don't knowthe other people or even that they passed. Actors, musicians, writers, etc became a part of our lives as we remember them from a role or from something we were doing at the time we saw/read/listened to them.

It's true there are many things we could point to in our culture that are far worse than hoping a movie star or musician will rest in peace.

• Members

i agree with that too. i get mad every time the media latches onto another little cute kid that was abused or kidnapped.. and somehow it seems like the ones that aren't media "cute" are easily dismissed.all kids are important.

• Members

RIP Farrah :cry:

Weird, when we had a 'Logans Run' and curry evening a couple of weeks back, we watched the extras disk, and Micheal York claimed he kind of talent spotted her in a tennis court and recommended her to play the role of assistant 'Holly13' in 'New face' shop.

Beautifal woman.

• Members

I'm not sure why this has shocked me so much ...

Truly the end of an era ... Or the beginning of the end ...

There's so many things one could say ... But right now ... damn ... Rest in peace, Jill Munroe ... Not to mention other important roles in films like "The Burning Bed" and "Extremities."

ishackimagef.jpgishackimagef.jpg

that skateboarding picture was on my bedroom wall when i was a boy.

holy crap that must have been 30 years ago or more.

and now she's dead. :cry:

• 11 months later...
  • Members

Well ... If you want to know the truth ... She and Patrick Swayze have been living in my hair ever since they passed on ...

dsc03737p.jpg

Forgive me here ... I was a little windswept on the Promenade deck ... (and very bright ... )

Purity ... I know you WANT me to do drag ... But I can assure you I never have ... Way, way, way too much effort ... And I don't think the result would be particularly effective ...

• Members

Agreed. No drag ...

(If anything, I'd go as a cross between an Amazonian Brigette Nielsen in Beverly Hills Cop II and Hillary Clinton ... )

Just out of curiousity ... What IS your idea of beautiful, J.B. ... ???

• Members

Well at a certain point in time Farrah was considered really hot. I think that time passed sometime around 1978. I am not so sure D is old enough to have reached puberty by then :D

I was never into pinup girls myself, but I did manage to get a look at Cheryl Tiegs in that famous fishnet swimsuit in my dad's Sports Illustrated before my mom discovered it and tossed it out.

• Members

Just out of curiousity ... What IS your idea of beautiful, J.B. ... ???

without resorting to the usual celebrity, i'll treat you guys to some humor. the chick on the left in this vid ranks highly:

vZd5ObuEUF8

i'm also a big fan of Julie Newmar. i could go on, but i think you get the idea.

• Members

Was that a backdoor cross dressing reference? To wong Fu: Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar :D

Incidentally, if you haven;t seen that then watch it, it's about 50 times better than the hideously over-rated Priscilla.

I am just joshing you Diametro. I think you in drag would scare me :p

Archived