Roland Super JV-1080 Problems

• Members

I picked up two new rack synth modules today. One is an Ensoniq MR Rack, and the other is the Roland JV-1080. I scored them both for fifty bones. The Ensoniq seems to work flawlessly, but the Roland is another story. Some of the patches work great, mostly bass, and monosynth patches. Anything like a piano, or an organ has a weird problem. Every other time you hit a key, it wont make a sound. The MIDI send light still lights up, as if its getting the signal, its just not outputting anything. I have tried multiple controllers, with the same problem each time. It also came with two aftermarket expansion cards. The Dance card, and the Vintage Synth card. I don't know if they would cause that though. Also, if I can get this thing to work properly, and anyone has the 60's and 70's expansion card, I would be very interested in one.

-Lou

• Members

I picked up two new rack synth modules today. One is an Ensoniq MR Rack, and the other is the Roland JV-1080. I scored them both for fifty bones. The Ensoniq seems to work flawlessly, but the Roland is another story. Some of the patches work great, mostly bass, and monosynth patches. Anything like a piano, or an organ has a weird problem. Every other time you hit a key, it wont make a sound. The MIDI send light still lights up, as if its getting the signal, its just not outputting anything. I have tried multiple controllers, with the same problem each time. It also came with two aftermarket expansion cards. The Dance card, and the Vintage Synth card. I don't know if they would cause that though. Also, if I can get this thing to work properly, and anyone has the 60's and 70's expansion card, I would be very interested in one.

-Lou

check midi channel transmit/receive for those patches

Archived