Can the Nord Modular G2 get similar sounds to an Andromeda?

• Members

I know it is VA and the Andy is analog but can it serve up similar sounds, as the Nord Modular G2 is less on the used market. Also, does the Nord Modular have a dedicated built in arpeggiator on the front panel or are the arpeggiating possibilities only accessed through programming the sequencer?

• Members

Thanks guys for the replies. evildragon, does it have an arp feature on the front too or is that layered within the sequencer?

Umbra, sound like rhetorical question but I guess I am being too general. I guess what I want out of this thing is what I have heard the Andy do in some of the sound demos I have heard. And the ones I liked most were when it was:

Immitating Moog Modular sounds.

Doing Resonant Sweeps

Vintage type arpeggiations and sequences in the style of Vangelis, Moroder, and John Carpenter

• Members

i've had both... G2 you can obviously go in and build a similar architecture, but that alone won't make it sound the same. you'd have to EQ a lot i think. the basic filters alone on the two units are so different in my opinion, and same with the oscillators, tuning, etc.

• Members

A G2 can be made to sound like an Andromeda.

An Andromeda can be made to sound like a G2.

On the other hand a G2 can do sounds an Andromeda can't.

But an Andromeda can also do sounds a G2 can't.

This can be said for any two synths you compare.

I guess I meant to say "Yes" and "No".

Archived