Regrets: which synth would you buy back?

JAW

• Members

In 1988 I bought a JX3P with PG200 programmer. Traded it for a DX7 mk1 in 1989. Traded my DX7 + some money for a DX5 in 1991. I regretted selling these synths until recently. Last week I traded a W30 for a JX3P and yesterday I traded an X7000 + flightcase for a DX7. Still looking for a PG200 programmer and a DX5, but, no hurry...

Which synths did you sell, but regetted doing so afterward and would you buy them again if you ran into one?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've had a lot of cool gear over the years. I wouldn't say I regret selling any of it per se, but most of it would be cool to still have. An incomplete list:

TB-303

SH-101

Jomox XBase09

Emu PX-7

Korg ES-1

Yamaha SY-99

Kawai K5000S

Korg OASYS PCI

Radikal Technologies Spectralis

Waldorf Pulse

Nord G2 Engine

• Members

So far I regret nothing, mainly because I've sold so little.
:lol:
The things I've sold, though, I don't miss.

[Old Jedi mind trick (using haunting obi-wan voice): On] You don't need that XTk, give it to FE.... Move along, move along [Old Jedi mind trick: Off]

:lol:

• Members

You might be in luck Flat Earth, i'm probably going to part with my XT in the next month or two.

P600 was the best sounding synth i ever parted with, though i don;t miss the noisy cheap keybed, Wavestation i suspect in the long run might be the only synth i ever buy back though i haven't done it yet.

MS20/10 i don;t miss much, tbh found the semi-modularness never lived up to expectations, 700s is possibly the only monosynth i miss sometimes, an odd little beast, but very cool what you could do with it with a bit of twiddling :D

• Members

Here's the synths I've let go. In my defence, I was a poor student back then...

Roland Jupiter 4;

Moog MG-1;

Roland SH-2 (also mint).

Now, I'm never going to do that mistake again and my policy is to never sell anything that produce sound on it's own (rack gear and computer stuff are fair game however).

• Members

Firstly, I sort of miss my Kurzweil K2000. But since I have a K2661, it sort of similar.

Secondly, I had to sell my Prophet 08 because a financial emergency. I regret that.

Finally, when I was a teen, I sold my ARP Omni and 2600. I regret that. Not because the 2600 would've fetch a ton of money, but because the Omni sounded awesome, had amazing bass, and you could put any keyboard on top. Damn, what a stupid teenager I was!

• Members

I had an 18 voice Z1, bought new as a demo for a fantastic price that I foolishly got rid of. I'd like to get that one back.

Had two K5000's (an S and a W), but both of them had some minor issues.

If I found one that is in real good shape, I might spring for it.

• Members

I hate to sell stuff I like because I seem to always buy it back... that's why I'm still hanging on to my DW8000. I almost sold my Pro-1 last year to get an MEK, but pulled it off eBay because I knew I'd be buying it back too - and I'm glad I did.

I sold my first OB8 and bought it back ten years later. Same with my Moog Source (7 years). I also recently bought a DX7II E! version to replace my original DX-7 but more because of the great price and keyboard action than the vintage sounds. And I almost forgot about my D-50 which I didn't buy back, but I bought the PCMCIA card for the V-Synth to cure my GAS instead.

Other than that, I'd definitely buy back my '78 Rhodes 88 Suitcase if it weren't so big and I actually miss the DX-200 I sold last year and might replace it. It has some nice remix features for jamming.

Archived