Korg SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano official video is online!

RichF

• Members

Hi everyone,

Here's the official video for our new SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano.

[YOUTUBE]H_BPiScinrk[/YOUTUBE]

It's also available here:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3388803/korg_sv_1_stage_vintage_piano_official_product_introduction/

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xagk9k_korg-sv1-official-product-introduct_music

Enjoy!

EDIT (9/30/2010): I figured I'd add some related videos, since this thread has become pretty popular.

Sound Pack #2:

[YOUTUBE]Nvwj4K-01bA[/YOUTUBE]

Advantages of the Editor software:

[YOUTUBE]0o_J4vde1nk[/YOUTUBE]

Greg Phillinganes discussing/playing the SV-1:

[YOUTUBE]YB6Sb3luCNY[/YOUTUBE]

Bill Payne discussing/playing the SV-1:

[YOUTUBE]C-9xnQ23adE[/YOUTUBE]

Frank McComb discussing/playing the SV-1:

[YOUTUBE]a-VptOv7I-g[/YOUTUBE]

There are a few more, including NAMM performances, at the KorgUSAVideos channel on YouTube. Thanks!

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmmm...seems like a nice board. The only thing missing that I'd personally like to see is the ability to split the keyboard for two different sounds. I looked through the manual but didn't see this feature, unless I'm missing something.

And if it has the same key-bed as the M3-88, it's a winner right there. I love the feel of that board.

• Members

Yup, it's the same keybed as M3-88, RH3 graded.

About splitting/dualling the sounds, I think Korg here went with the more hands-on approach, as you can see there's no display, no onboard editing besides those knobs and switches... It's really meant to be playing one sound at a time only, just like the vintage instruments it recreates!

• Members

Hmm, this thing sounds interesting, but too bad there's no pitch&mod wheels. Without them it's pretty limited as a MIDI controller, and not very useful as the only one keyboard in rig.

like what? Another board?

No, like a small desktop module, for example Blofeld/Plugiator/Ti Snow/etc.

• Members

like what? Another board? there's not really many boards that you can stack anymore with all their controls. Which is why god made tiered keyboard stands.
:D

yeah okay.

it's just that in my compact set-up if i put in an 88 key board i need to be able to put stuff on top of it - a module for example, like Megakazbek says. and then stuff above that on a stand.

no square inch may be wasted. :p

• Members

I certainly get the point, but it's really not that big a deal. I think this board is meant to be used by people who don't play through an awful lot of patches through the night, but rather need 8-10 really GOOD sounds that would satisfy them and enable their performance. Yeah, using only one keyboard, for portability of the rig.

Sadly, I'm not one of those :p But I really dig how it sounds!

P.S.: I like that thing they said "new sounds will be available as a free download". Let's see what's that gonna be about!

• Members

plus you can't put it anything on top of it.

which is {censored}.

I've gotta respond to this one too. It's perfectly designed to put another keyboard on top if you have a two tier stand. Look at where the controls are compared to a Nord Stage, Electro, or just about any workstation. You could place the keys of two boards much closer together without the space in between that's required with the others.

Someone really thought out this design. It not only looks way cool it's very functional.

• Members

Hmm, this thing sounds interesting, but too bad there's no pitch&mod wheels. Without them it's pretty limited as a MIDI controller, and not very useful as the only one keyboard in rig.

I don't see that as a problem. I see the SV-1 as a sort of cousin to the Nord Electro, serving a different side of the same market. The Electro brought acoustic and electromechanical piano sounds to organ players; the SV-1 brings electromechanical piano and organ sounds to piano players. (Since neither has a synth section, that leaves the Nord Stage free to keep ruling its own particular niche.)

The Electro didn't need wheels; I don't think the SV-1 does, either. These are specialty keyboards. If you wanted only one keyboard in your setup, and MIDI controller functionality was a priority, you'd get a workstation.

• Members

I don't see that as a problem. ... These are specialty keyboards. If you wanted only one keyboard in your setup, and MIDI controller functionality was a priority, you'd get a workstation.

Generally, I don't care about Korg's or anyone else's vision on how this keyboard should be used. Why should anyone else tell me, how should I use it? I use it how I want to! I like the concept, I like the sounds, and I can imagine a situation where I'd like to have it as the only keyboard with a couple of external modules, for example. So if I can't use it as such, to me it IS a problem no matter what.

Archived