Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Korg SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano official video is online!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korg SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano official video is online!

Hi everyone,

Here's the official video for our new SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano.

It's also available here:
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3388803/korg_sv_1_stage_vintage_piano_official_product_int roduction/
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xagk9k_korg-sv1-official-product-introduct_music

Enjoy!

EDIT (9/30/2010): I figured I'd add some related videos, since this thread has become pretty popular.

Sound Pack #2:

Advantages of the Editor software:

Greg Phillinganes discussing/playing the SV-1:

Bill Payne discussing/playing the SV-1:

Frank McComb discussing/playing the SV-1:

There are a few more, including NAMM performances, at the KorgUSAVideos channel on YouTube. Thanks!
    Richard Formidoni
    Technology Product Manager
    Korg USA, Inc.

Man I've got some serious GAS for this baby. Can't wait til Mr. Chase has a demo around here for me to play on. Thanks Rich!

Currently employed: Korg Kronos/61, Korg CX-3 v2, Korg Radias w/kb, Roland Fantom-S/61, Roland D-550, Yamaha MU100r, Kawai K4r, a bunch o' guitars with a couple of amps, a few pedals, ASUS G74SX PC with 12 GB/7.5TB/Win7-64bit running Sonar X1 with a few NI soft-synths.

Comment

The first time Korg manages to make a good piano?
      GEAR

Gear: Mackie Onyx 32.4, Focusrite Pro40+Octopre2, Triton Extreme+MOSS+EX800, Roland XV5080+D550+MKS7+MKS50+MKS70+MKS80+JP8080+S550+Jun o60, NordRack2, StudioElectr ATC-1, Ensoniq ESQM, Yamaha A5000+An1x+SY77+TG77+TX802+TX7+MotifRackES, Akai S5k+MPC1k, Pulse, Blofeld, Mopho, VirusIndigo2, EmaxRack, ESynth, Rogue, ProOne, Machinedrum, Drumulator, M1AM1, Linndrum

Effects: API Lunchbox+512C, MPX550, Boss SE50+SE70+CE300+ROD10, UAD2, Powercorex2, LiquidMix, VVerb, 1204, DP2, Filterbank

Comment

Thanks, Rich. Any idea when we can expect to see these show up in stores to play with?
        Live:
        Nord Stage EX Compact, Korg M50-73, Digitech RP500, Epiphone Les Paul 60s Gold Top reissue, Mackie 1402 VLZ mixer

Studio:
        Roland RD-700, MOTU Traveler, Roland JV-1010, M-Audio Midisport 2x2, Sonar 8.5 PE, EZ Drummer, numerous soft synth toys, Windows XP

Comment

Freaking awesome promo. The GAS is strong with this one. Can't wait to get in front of one.

But Rich, did I hear you do a psuedo-Jump on that thing?!

-Mc
          Response from John from American Musical Supply on why I have received 2 used/damaged Korg M3's and 1 reboxed M3 from Guitar Center (a.k.a. while I'll never buy from AMS again):Footfall wrote:What you're experiencing with these units is the result of our warehouse crew intentionally "overpacking" this product.Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, nanoPAD 2

Comment

Okay..I like what I see so far. But what are the specs?
            Goofball's mood for today:

How perfectly goddamn delightful it all is, to be sure..." -- Charles Crumb (1942-1994)

Comment

Great vid!

Thanks for posting Rich

That thing even has the push buttons from Trident & Polysix
              Vive La Synthesizer!

Comment

Okay..I like what I see so far. But what are the specs?

Release date: September 19th
                Recommended retail price: $2.260 (73-key), $2.480 (88-key)
                Expected retail price: $1.810 (73-key), $1,990 (88-key)
                If you need a KSP script, e-mail me! Depending on amount of work, the price can be arranged!

Folio: Zero-G - Animato | Sonokinetic - Tigris & Euphrates - Desert Voice - Carousel - Toccata - Voices Of Israel - EMP - FE | Hollow Sun - HSDV Drum Synthesiser - Music Laboratory Machines Series - RMI Electrapiano

Comment

Hmmm...seems like a nice board. The only thing missing that I'd personally like to see is the ability to split the keyboard for two different sounds. I looked through the manual but didn't see this feature, unless I'm missing something.

And if it has the same key-bed as the M3-88, it's a winner right there. I love the feel of that board.

How perfectly goddamn delightful it all is, to be sure..." -- Charles Crumb (1942-1994)

Comment

Yup, it's the same keybed as M3-88, RH3 graded.

About splitting/dualling the sounds, I think Korg here went with the more hands-on approach, as you can see there's no display, no onboard editing besides those knobs and switches... It's really meant to be playing one sound at a time only, just like the vintage instruments it recreates!
                    If you need a KSP script, e-mail me! Depending on amount of work, the price can be arranged!

Folio: Zero-G - Animato | Sonokinetic - Tigris & Euphrates - Desert Voice - Carousel - Toccata - Voices Of Israel - EMP - FE | Hollow Sun - HSDV Drum Synthesiser - Music Laboratory Machines Series - RMI Electrapiano

Comment

i don't know about the keyboard but i wish i could play like that
                      More tea, vicar?

Comment

plus you can't put it anything on top of it.

which is ****************.
                        More tea, vicar?

Comment

plus you can't put it anything on top of it.

which is ****************.

like what? Another board? there's not really many boards that you can stack anymore with all their controls. Which is why god made tiered keyboard stands.

Comment

So what if you can't put anything on top? Just use multi-tier stand -.-

Comment

Hmm, this thing sounds interesting, but too bad there's no pitch&mod wheels. Without them it's pretty limited as a MIDI controller, and not very useful as the only one keyboard in rig.

like what? Another board?

No, like a small desktop module, for example Blofeld/Plugiator/Ti Snow/etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X