Photos from the Andromeda Gallaxy

kilon

• Members

Andromeda photos

I took several photos this morning of my andromeda which I received 2 days ago.

I met andromeda in 2006 while I went to a hellenic shop to buy a microkorg, at the time I did not know the synth , I played with it , but never listen to the sound. Did not bother the shop was asking 3700 euros!!!

And back to the present , bought it for Almost 2000 euros.

So I thought I share some photos.... enjoy

DSC01897.jpg

DSC01898.jpg

DSC01899.jpg

DSC01900.jpg

DSC01901.jpg

DSC01902.jpg

DSC01903.jpg

DSC01904.jpg

• Members

{censored} u really did it!

I always do what I say I will. :cop:

But the temptation was too big to leave any room for choice.

By the way, three photos of close up of the lcd screen, show a) the Envelop b) Fm synthesis on oscilators [EXP,LIN,PW] c) pulse width modulation on oscilator 1.

Essentially any knob you turn it opens a dedicated menu.... there are 72 knobs... well do the math!!!!!

The same applies for buttons as well, of course

Yeah I know .... its a nightmare.... the one that keeps awake at nights twisting knobs.... oh boy ....

• Members

Very nice! That thing looks so impressive
:D

Now for some sound examples
:cool:

How about a whole track made on andromeda ? On its way

Together with a YouTube Video.

Bare with me though, It will take some time as I am still struggling with scratching the surface.

• Members

hey, that looks just like my Andromeda!

yeah, the first thing that came to mind was "uhh, thanks for sharing, but we've all seen the Andromeda before."

but - that thing is so damn gorgeous, it's always a pleasure to see an Andromeda. :D

• Members

grats on your acquisition.

Bare with me though, It will take some time as I am still struggling with scratching the surface.

initially, the learning curve is steep. if i can borrow a phrase that i read, when i first got my A6, i had the feeling that i had tumbled down a rabbit hole, like alice from alice in wonderland. it doesn't take long though to get familiar with it. i found the tips and tricks document really helped me to quickly identify some of the A6's sweetspots. it helped save me some trial and error experiments. if you're not familiar with the tips and tricks document, here's a link for you.

http://www.wohmart.com/a6/tandt/A6TipsAndTricks.pdf

• Members

grats on your acquisition.

cool. i enjoyed your blofeld vids. i'm interested to see what you have up your sleeve with the andromeda.

initially, the learning curve is steep. if i can borrow a phrase that i read, when i first got my A6, i had the feeling that i had tumbled down a rabbit hole, like alice from alice in wonderland. it doesn't take long though to get familiar with it. i found the tips and tricks document really helped me to quickly identify some of the A6's sweetspots. it helped save me some trial and error experiments. if you're not familiar with the tips and tricks document, here's a link for you.

http://www.wohmart.com/a6/tandt/A6TipsAndTricks.pdf

thank you for the link....

that what it makes andromeda so exciting for me, I was trying Andromeda FM synthesis and it is so different to Blofeld's fm, it opened a new world to me. And of course there limitless other options like ring modulation, fm at filters, modulation of modulation, etc.

Its like playing an adventure game, solving a puzzle, and then going to the next room excited wondering what the new puzzle would be ....

The tip and trick document looks great, excellent study with some milk and cookies.... very far away from my andromeda of course.... :cop:

• Members

yeah, the first thing that came to mind was "uhh, thanks for sharing, but we've all seen the Andromeda before."

but - that thing is so damn gorgeous, it's always a pleasure to see an Andromeda.
:D

Kinda falls into the same category of a few other things most of us have seen before but are always a pleasure to see. :love::thu:;)

• Members

major upgrade

let us know how much you end up using it (vs. the Motif).

sure looks like an efficient studio - (with only top notch gear)

it is a minimal studio

I laso have a waldorf blofeld but now andromeda , I dont see myself using match. Afterall bought andromeda for replacing blofeld.

I use motif for good presets, especially accoustic sounds (love to layer them with electronic sound and build hybrids) and some sequencing when I am doing rythmic stuff.

Andromeda is for designing sounds.

I feel in the synth department complete for the moment. Andromeda is going to be used for at least 70% and 25% motif , the rest 5% is going to Ableton Live for some very basic mixing stuff.

Archived