Tetr4 - how do you like it?

gdh

• Members

Now that its been out for awhile how do those of you who bought one like it? By now we would usually have had many posts relating to a new piece of gear, just look back at the Mopho, P 08, Andromeda etc. but the search brought up relatively few.

• Members

The interface, especially if the software editor isn't improved over that of the Mopho. Seems like a lot of ex-Mopho owners sold it for that reason.

Considering you get 4 analog synths for very little money and it fits in a jacket pocket, I can live with it. Not only that, my Prophet '08 can be used as a programmer for it. It's also a 4 voice expander for my Prophet '08.

• Members

Not only that, my Prophet '08 can be used as a programmer for it. It's also a 4 voice expander for my Prophet '08.

Actually, this is something that interests me (I hope the following question is sufficiently on topic not to constitute a thread "hijacking"). I know that the Tetra can be used as a voice expander for the P08, but it is my understanding that, when used in this way (through the MIDI Poly Chain), the two sub-oscillators of the Tetra do not operate. Is that true? Also, could one use the Tetra not as an expander, but layered on top of the P08 (and still controlling it from the P08), through regular MIDI, and then get not a voice expansion but rather a voice reinforcement, including the sub-oscs?

I ask because it would seem to me that the sub-oscs of the Tetra, in conjunction with the 8 voices of the Prophet, would go a long way towards giving the P08 that huge, thick sound that we associate with the great American VCO polysynths of old. Can it be done?

• Members

Also, could one use the Tetra not as an expander, but layered on top of the P08 (and still controlling it from the P08), through regular MIDI, and then get not a voice expansion but rather a voice reinforcement, including the sub-oscs?

Yes.

• Members

The size is probably the only reason I would consider picking a T4 or Mopho up. There are days when everyone is gone from the lab but me....on those days, I bring in the Machine Drum in a lap top bag and play. I would be awesome to add a little bass sequencing fun to that....

Archived