I want to be in pep band, what will fit in?

jskpongoui

• Members

Hi guys, I'm thinking about joining the pep band at my school (a band that plays at the football games etc...)

there's a guitarist, bassist, a drum kit and a bunch of horn players

What will fit in the mix?

My parents say they are willing to spend around 300 to buy something for me that may be better suited for playing in it

will my sh201 work in it in the first place, or should I look at getting something else?

What is there available around that price range that will fit well in a mix with so many other instruments?

shame the sv-1 isnt cheaper... that would seem like the ideal thing to play in a situation like this

all input welcome

thanks guys

• Members

Right off the bat, something with sampling might be a good idea I guess, so you could use just about whatever sound you needed, more or less, with a little work. $300 isn't much, but it's not nothing either, and you could probably swing a Kurzweil K2000 with it. Presets and base ROM give you semi decent bread and butter stuff over a wide enough spectrum, and with the sampling and synthesis you're given a good amount of lattitude to push it in whatever other direction you might want too.

• Members

Right off the bat, something with sampling might be a good idea I guess, so you could use just about whatever sound you needed, more or less, with a little work. $300 isn't much, but it's not nothing either, and you could probably swing a Kurzweil K2000 with it. Presets and base ROM give you semi decent bread and butter stuff over a wide enough spectrum, and with the sampling and synthesis you're given a good amount of lattitude to push it in whatever other direction you might want too.

sampling keyboards confuse and intimidate me...

i dont understand them :idk:

• Members

I don't see why the SH201 wouldn't work, especially with bass lines, pseudo-organ, or brassy-type sounds. If you don't have a loud KB amp then how about getting one of those? You could also make program a bunch of funny noises. How about doing the little ditties that organists play at baseball games? Think of the possibilities and be creative with the sh201 - should be loads of fun.

Archived