MIDI Connections is there a DAW/computer Solution?

rAC

• Members

I have a Roland AT-45 Organ, Kurzweil PC3x, PC2r (with Orchestral ROM), Behringer BCF2000 and MIDI Solutions event processor+ and a MIDI solutions 4 IN 1 Out box.

My playing ability/style wants me to mainly use the organ's keyboards and the PC3x's keyboard where the aftertouch and weighted keys works best with the ability to 'add in' PC3x and PC2r sounds to either of or both particular keyboard (or the Organ pedal board) so I am looking at a way to be able to send multiple MIDI channels (switchable) to either the PC3x and/or the PC2r. By way of illustration: being able to use the lower Organ keyboard (which can only send on one MIDI channel) to trigger a number of zones in a setup in the PC2r but only one particular program in the PC3x whilst the pedals and upper keyboard trigger only the PC3x (or vice versa).

I have no experience with DAWs but I am wondering if by using one I would be able to get what effectively would be a MIDI router/switch/channel splitter/combiner that would enable me to achieve what I am after?

• Members

Cubase and Logic are pretty good at doing stuff like that. Re-channelizing, re-routing, and so on. Cubase also has the 'logical editor', where you can specify input parameters to work on to get different outputs.

Other DAWs probably have similar stuff, but I'm not too up on them.

Archived