Does anyone know when the SV-1 will show up in stores?

vinceg

• Members

I've started seeing it appear on the web sites of the big online companies. They all show different information (Mid-Oct, November, you name it, you can find it). I've even asked a few folks at the superstores such as Guitar Center and Sam Ash. area. Everyone I talk to either doesn't know or hasn't even heard of the SV-1.

Does anyone have anything concrete -- especially in the Chicago?

• Members

I just pre-ordered one from Nova Musik today. According to them, the Korg rep was in and indicated the board would be shipping sometime between the end of this month and mid October? At least that's what I remember of the conversation LOL. I asked if the rep had a demo unit with him....he did not. He did have a MicroSampler though.

• Members

I'd wait til you play it kids - the proof is always in the playing.

I've never been excited by the sound and more importantly FEEL of Korg's Rhodes or Clavs in the past. The SV-1 may change things - it may not.

Considering the types of instruments they stock at my local Guitar Center, it's unlikely I would ever get to test one in person. Right now I'm relying on the very favorable review in the October issue of Sound on Sound Magazine.

Archived