Carl Sagan - A Glorious Dawn

Goofball Jones

• Members

What an incredibly cool song. I thought it was going to be a joke at first. The "whoop, whoop, whoop" part threw me off in a big way.

Do you think the "whoop whoop whoop" detracts from the song and video experience or does it serve to pull you in with an element of humor before the song takes a serious turn (and then add a bit of relief a second time later in the song)?

I am a child of the 60's and 70's and watched Cosmos religiously as a kid. I also watched Acent of Man and took a course in college in 1983 having the same title and using the book from the PBS series. It was taught by professors of anthropology, biology (a geneticist), and physics. Both of these shows had a major influence on my way of thinking about the universe, the natural world, our understanding and behavior in these places, and how our species fits currently and in the future.

I never heard of 420chan before, but just found out it is blocked by our filters for all sorts of interesting reasons.

• Members

cosmos is on hulu? will look...

Do you think the "whoop whoop whoop" detracts from the song and video experience or does it serve to pull you in with an element of humor before the song takes a serious turn (and then add a bit of relief a second time later in the song)?

i think it should have been cut.. right after he said that bit about never singing a song, but giving it a try..

Archived