Omnisphere questions

Ghoul2588

• Members

hello everyone, I have a few questions involving the synth program omnisphere. I've checked out their websites and haven't really found much useful answers for my question despite their simplicity.

Me, I use guitar pro to write music in guitar tablature but the sound it uses is very dull and not realistic, and after much review I found omnisphere's sound samples very rad! So my question is, is their a way to transfer the tracks from guitar pro (it uses midi I believe) to omnisphere, and just change up the instruments? I know I could do it with addictive drums for drum beats, but I'm not sure with this program and such.

Another thing is that this is a program right? not a plugin? If so what sound engine/editor or whatever do you guys preferably use for it? such as sonar? fruity loops? blah blah blah

(I'm not a sound software expert if you hadn't figured it out >;p)

Thank you for your help! I can't find {censored} on this program!! lol

• Members

Guitar Pro doesn't seem to be able to handle VST plugins.

Omnisphere is not a sequencer. Some plugins contain an option to play back MIDI files, but that's very very basic; they don't even have different tracks.

Sonar/FL Studio is not a sound engine or editor; the word you're looking for is "DAW" or "sequencer". As for which you pick, it completely depends on your preferred workflow.

If you haven't worked with any of those programs before, just get the demo versions of them and try them for a while. Check out http://www.reaper.fm/ first (it's cheap!) - see if you can get things to work in that, there's lots of documentation available.

See if you can import your Guitar Pro MIDI file in it, and see if you can get it to work with a regular VST plugin (it doesn't even have to be Omnisphere; the principle is the same for any VST plugin). If that works properly without too much of a hassle, then you can buy Omnisphere and go to town.

Archived