Need help to find the best sound/velocity setup on Nord Electro 2

denistu007

• Members

Hi guys,

I am trying to find the best sound/velocity setup on my NE2 which I purchased recently.

I am using Behringer 2031A studio speakers with my NE2 and find the Rhodes sounds little bit muddy in the mid range of the keyboard. Anybody else noticed that? Basically the mid range is not nice and clean as when playing in the upper range of keyboard.

The sound gets a bit better when I use the EQ and lower the bass while increasing the hi freq but then I loose the "beefness" of the sound. I owned Mark I before, and never noticed the mid range to be muddy like that.

First I thought that my speakers are to blame but I tried NE2 on some other equipment and noticed the same issue.

Could someone give me advice on how to get a nice and clean Rhodes sound in the low and mid range? What is the effect/EQ setup you suggest?

Also, any advice on velocity setting that would give the best sound on this board, including the piano sound which is probably the weakest link.

Thanks a lot!

Dennis

• Members

Also, any advice on velocity setting that would give the best sound on this board, including the piano sound which is probably the weakest link.

Thanks a lot!

Dennis

Hi Dennis, funny you should ask...I was playing with my friend's Electro 73 tonight, and have always noticed the weakness in the piano section of this board, so I played with the velocity sensitivity [shift+program 8 (four times)] brings up U.0 change this to U.9 or less (to taste via the up/down buttons.) It brings out the goodness by far. [pg. 27 in teh manual?]

Archived