Have you ever been touched deeply by a beautiful song into tears?

AnalogGuy

• Members

I am pretty emotional guy and about music I am pretty much always so critical that I want songs to be able to bring me some feelings... not generally anything radical but something very "humane" and honest music, but that's pretty rare in these days to find such a songs. Everyone seems to be making music only for masses... music for radio and for parties or make terrible heavy music and screaming vocals or just "heavy rock music". XD

So... if you ever had such a weird moment where you actually were really touched by some song or as in worst case, even cried because of the song... just add it here, just the name of song and artist will be fine but youtube video or sound example would be even better.

My own terrible/wonderful experience:

Artist: Popol Vuh

Song: Aguirre I (the first part of the song)

Year: 1972

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oh8yDDCrWQ&fmt=18

I have to be honest and it's hard... but at the very first time, this song made me into tears!!! Soundtrack. Electronic music from 1972!!!! Instruments are unknown but the choir is from ultra rare "choir-organ" keyboard which was basically similar to mellotron but much bigger but that's all I know and no-one have ever seen it. The choir sound is just so extremely beautiful and very stunning!

Another one:

Artist: Vangelis

Song: The other side of Antarctica

Year: 1983

Soundtrack again. I can admit that this song strikes me more than usual mostly because I have seen the original movie so I know the meaning and emotions behind the song. The movie was incredibly difficult to watch... and now after movie, this song brings me almost tears every single time I hear it! It's so powerful and very sad.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the video for johnny cash covering hurt got me pretty good.. especially the lyric everyone i know goes anay in the end.. and the video shows his wife.. pretty powerful stuff.

i used to love the nin version of the song.. cash really took it to the next level though.. he makes the nin version sound like the cover. awesome.

• Members

the video for johnny cash covering hurt got me pretty good.. especially the lyric everyone i know goes anay in the end.. and the video shows his wife.. pretty powerful stuff.

i used to love the nin version of the song.. cash really took it to the next level though.. he makes the nin version sound like the cover. awesome.

+1 on this Johnny Cash vid!

• Members

I am pretty emotional guy and about music I am pretty much always so critical that I want songs to be able to bring me some feelings... not generally anything radical but something very "humane" and honest music, but that's pretty rare in these days to find such a songs. Everyone seems to be making music only for masses... music for radio and for parties or make terrible heavy music and screaming vocals or just "heavy rock music". XD

So... if you ever had such a weird moment where you actually were really touched by some song or as in worst case, even cried because of the song... just add it here, just the name of song and artist will be fine but youtube video or sound example would be even better.

My own terrible/wonderful experience:

Artist: Popol Vuh

Song: Aguirre I (the first part of the song)

Year: 1972

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oh8yDDCrWQ&fmt=18

I have to be honest and it's hard... but at the very first time, this song made me into tears!!! Soundtrack.
Electronic
music from 1972!!!! Instruments are unknown but the choir is from ultra rare "choir-organ" keyboard which was basically similar to mellotron but much bigger but that's all I know and no-one have ever seen it. The choir sound is just so extremely beautiful and very stunning!

Another one:

Artist: Vangelis

Song: The other side of Antarctica

Year: 1983

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxqaxAKI930&fmt=18

Soundtrack again. I can admit that this song strikes me more than usual mostly because I have seen the original movie so I know the meaning and emotions behind the song. The movie was incredibly difficult to watch... and now after movie, this song brings me almost tears every single time I hear it! It's so powerful and very sad.

I agree with you 100% that the Mellotron choirs are simply magical.... they really can move a person's feelings. I understand you very well... Popol Vuh, great band, I used to have a record of them and used to listen to it at night, every night, but I can't remember the title of it... during that period I also listened to a lot of Klaus Schulze, Tangerine Dream, Eno ambient albums, ELP, Joy Division, and the best of all them imho was an album by Klaus Hoffmann-Hoock "Music For Paradise", I really want to get that on CD

Also, I had a cool album by an italian dude called "Baffo Banfi" ;) lots of Mellotron

• Members

Man in black - Johnny Cash

[YOUTUBE]hfI9B8e9tW4[/YOUTUBE]

"Man In Black"

Well, you wonder why I always dress in black,

Why you never see bright colors on my back,

And why does my appearance seem to have a somber tone.

Well, there's a reason for the things that I have on.

I wear the black for the poor and the beaten down,

Livin' in the hopeless, hungry side of town,

I wear it for the prisoner who has long paid for his crime,

But is there because he's a victim of the times.

I wear the black for those who never read,

Or listened to the words that Jesus said,

About the road to happiness through love and charity,

Why, you'd think He's talking straight to you and me.

Well, we're doin' mighty fine, I do suppose,

In our streak of lightnin' cars and fancy clothes,

But just so we're reminded of the ones who are held back,

Up front there ought 'a be a Man In Black.

I wear it for the sick and lonely old,

For the reckless ones whose bad trip left them cold,

I wear the black in mournin' for the lives that could have been,

Each week we lose a hundred fine young men.

And, I wear it for the thousands who have died,

Believen' that the Lord was on their side,

I wear it for another hundred thousand who have died,

Believen' that we all were on their side.

Well, there's things that never will be right I know,

And things need changin' everywhere you go,

But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,

You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

Ah, I'd love to wear a rainbow every day,

And tell the world that everything's OK,

But I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back,

'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black.

Is it OK to admit that it still moves me to tears?

• Members

he he ... eargasm... love it! actually there are plenty of times that music brings tears to my eyes... when its really bad... and when it touches that place in your heart and brings back a special moment in the memory bank... or takes me to a place i've never been but long to be... or makes me empathize with someone else's pain, loss, suffering or misery.

johnny cash's hurt is only powerful when combined with the video (to me)... mike + the mechanics "the living years" always makes me think of my relationship with my own dad... and now that he's gone it makes me cry...

same for vangelis... dad loved "chariots of fire (theme)" and it was one of my first songs to perform at a recital on piano is a kid ... he was beaming proud! things fell apart for us soon after that year... vangelis has written some touching music

also sigur ros... a friend who is in a famous band (recently wrote the theme to twilight and transformers) told me of sigur ros many years ago... he said "this music often makes me cry."... ditto - it's lovely and haunting.

• Members

also sigur ros... a friend who is in a famous band (recently wrote the theme to twilight and transformers) told me of sigur ros many years ago... he said "this music often makes me cry."... ditto - it's lovely and haunting.

Here's a youtuber who makes music similar to that of Sigur Ros:)

[YOUTUBE]oD_8j1YaJd8[/YOUTUBE]

And here, he covers a song beautifully:

[YOUTUBE]Ock8j08rrR8[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Laugh if you must, cue the "it's a cartoon" comments :D(btw, try to keep a dry eye during the first part of Up....), but this song and the visuals do me in every time, especially now that I have kids (they turn you into sentimental fools).

[YOUTUBE]px0j1EHF8Y0[/YOUTUBE]

And I posted this in the "best soundtrack" thread, but Compass and Guns from Shawshank Redemption (when Red decides to go find whatever Andy left under the stone by the oak tree).

[YOUTUBE]dJ6fxVdRKLw[/YOUTUBE]

Archived