Nord Electro 3 vs. Yamaha s90xs

KristenG

• Members

Just looking in terms of vintage keyboard sounds. Rhodes, Wurli, Clav, Organ, Piano's. I know the s90xs does a lot more, but with the Electro being able to load in new samples from nords vast sample library for free, i'm torn between the two.

I like the stage ex too, but that's so expensive for what you get. If that were 1000 bucks cheaper it may be a contender.

Looking for two keyboards a year apart. This year I get one, next year I get the other. Maybe get the Electro 3 now and then the Yamaha SP5 next year. Or even forgoing the Electro 3 now and go fro the C2. :D

Don't know what to get. Want them all, can only have one for now.

• Members

Prioritize your needs. It is a bit of apples and oranges comparison as the Electro is sooo focused on what it does and really delivers on the vintage electromechanical sounds. If those are the sounds you're looking for and you're ok with the waterfall action, get the Electro first.

If you need a more general purpose board with thousands of great sounds and you like the weighted action, go for the Yamaha. It has fantastic EPs, clavs and pianos (organs not so much). I have each generation of these boards and love them. S90 + NE2 was my gig rig for almost 7 years and the S70XS + NE3 for the past 6 months or so.

Archived