OB-8 Question

Teoman

• Members

Hi there! I couldn't attend the forum for a long time. Hope everybody is fine. Recently acquired an OB-8 via ebay. It became a problematic purchase for me due to the dishonest seller. Anyway, I need some advice from OB owners. It doesn't work as it should. I guess it needs a complete service including a MIDI retrofit or possibly a DSX sequencer purchase. Would it be effective to disassemble the two voice boards and the processor board for an economical shipment to any service in Europe? I am looking for a competent service in Germany, France or UK. Shipping only the cards instead of the whole keyboard is my preference. Any suggestions are welcome ! :thu:

• Members

If the unit was still in production you might be able to get the manufacturer to run the boards through system diagnostics, but of course none of that is applicable or possible with an OB8. My guess is that you are going to have to ship the whole thing if you want it done right, so whoever is repairing it can test it (and his repairs) properly. And Moe is right about the other stuff.

Archived