Here's a little something for Genesis fans

• Members

The Cinema Show - I transcribed the keyboard solo. In its entirety. I mean just the ARP Pro Soloist part, not Hammond nor Mellotron. I have transcribed the multitracked parts as well.

Have at it! It's easy, yet hard because it has its ups and downs, and since it's over 4 minutes of keyboard spotlight, it needs some stamina as well!

Tony Banks is my new god. :thu:

Genesis - The Cinema Show (keyboard solo)

• Members

nice... instrumental section of Cinema Show was one of the first tracks i played with my high school band bk in the 80s. it was total obsession with early Genesis and Saga. oh how many times i fantasized bout having a mellotron for that majestic choir part..

its one of my all time favorite Genesis songs..

"Take a little trip back with Father Tiresias

Listen to the old one speak of all he has lived through

I have crossed between the poles, for me there's no mystery

Once a man, like the sea I raged

Once a woman, like the earth I gave

And there is in fact more earth than sea.."

genesis2.jpg

• Members

oh how many times i fantasized bout having a mellotron for that majestic choir part.

Tony Banks is single-handedly responsible for my Mellotron obsession. Between the choir of Cinema Show and Los Endos, and the Brass at the end of Supper's Ready. Not to mention the brass/strings combo on Watcher of the Skies. I can't come close to playing like him. But, hey, if he every shows up at my house for a barbeque, he can show me how to operate this strange white box with 35 tapes in it.:lol:

• Members

I think I did for the most part (it doesn't cost you to download 60 kb and check! ;)) - almost all the Pro Soloist stuff should be in there, and if there isn't it's not hard to pick it up. I just didn't label which patches go where, since I don't really know ^^' if anyone can give a hand, I'd appreciate it. :)

Just didn't do the organ and mellotron...

• Members

I think I did for the most part (it doesn't cost you to download 60 kb and check!
;)
) - almost all the Pro Soloist stuff should be in there, and if there isn't it's not hard to pick it up. I just didn't label which patches go where, since I don't really know ^^' if anyone can give a hand, I'd appreciate it.
:)

Just didn't do the organ and mellotron...

i did d/l right away. um, by harmony .. i meant the underlaying harmony i.e. organ/choir chords.. that accompany the solo. there's no harmony per se in the pdf, just the lead lines..

i forgot most of the left hand stuff, so i hoped to snatch it from here :)

• Members

There's a ton of transcribed Genesis (chords & solos) right here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20000229164849/plaza20.mbn.or.jp/~hisao_chida/scores/songlist.html

WOWW Fantastic.. it has Firth Of Fifth... Supper's Ready.. everything.. :thu:

and it looks fairly detailed..gotta try some of those too..

atm i only remember stuff from trick of the tail and wind and wuthering bcs i had a book with transcriptions as a kid, but its not as detailed - only piano/voice/guit tabs, no solos or instrumental parts so i had to find em by ear with varying sucess .. ripples, trick, blood on the rooftops and one for the wine work phenomenal in piano & voice only setting..

thanks

• Members

I'm a huge Genesis fan. Cinema Show has always been one of my favorites to play.
:thu:

My last record, I did a version of
In The Cage
. Killer job by Nick D'Virgilio from Spock's Beard on drums, and Don Schiff doing the bass parts on an
N/S Stick

dB

The fact that my favorite drummer plays on your records makes you even more awesome than I though you were :thu:

Archived