No announcement yet.

What is your dream vintage keyboard?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your dream vintage keyboard?

If I could wave a magic wand and give you any vintage keyboard on the planet, which one would you want?

Would it be a vintage Steinway or some other piano? Or a B-3? Or maybe a Clav? Baldwin Electric Harpsichord anyone? How about a Minimoog or other monosynth? Or maybe a Moog Modular or ARP 2600? Is your dream vintage board a polysynth like a Prophet 5 or a Obie OB-Xa? Or maybe something harder to find, like a Rhodes Chroma or a Yamaha CS-80?

Hey, pick what you want - but you only get one. What's it going to be?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

When I first read the topic heading, I immediatly thought ARP 2600 or Moog Modular, but then I read the body of your post. And if I only get one... it's becomes an easy choice for me. Steinway concert grand.

Comment

Well, maybe if you ask nice, I might be able to wave the magic wand twice...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Yes if its only one I'm going with the Steinway!

Comment

When I say you only get one, that wasn't intended to mean it would be your only keyboard for life - what I meant is I'm only going to be able to magically give you one keyboard (or maybe two if you ask nice ) - you're still welcome to keep any other keyboards you already have, or that you can get in other ways.

- George Carlin

Comment

Arp Solina

(If Solina unavailable) Vox Conti 301J
            Last edited by Etienne Rambert; 09-20-2017, 03:22 PM.
            He has escaped! Youtube , ‚ÄčMurika , France

Comment

Originally posted by kbeaumont View Post
              Yes if its only one I'm going with the Steinway!
              Would be my choice too, with a very large room and a tech to keep it in bestest condition; also fitted with the latest midi or whatever too. Could also be a shelter from the storm. The soundboard could be cover from incoming. 'tis why it's called a Grand piano.

Comment

I could really dig a Yamaha CS80 but too I'd like a Jupiter 8 or Prophet 10.

Comment

Oh, only one huh? ... ok, gimmie the Yamaha, but make it snappy, I haven't got all day.

Comment

I was fortunate enough to go to a school that had an old Steinway 9' grand. It was one of the first pianos that I learned on. I found a way to get into the auditorium when it was locked and would spend hours with that piano.

If I could have one of those magically appear then that would certainly be my choice.
                  As a human being, you come with the whole range of inner possibilities
                  from the deepest hell to the highest states.

It is up to you which one you choose to explore

Comment

Tough choice, but I'll go with the Prophet ~5 if I only get one.

HM - CS-80
                    Dave Smith Prophet REV2 :: Moog Slim Phatty :: Doepfer d3m controller :: GSI Burn :: Yamaha MOX6 :: Roland Gaia

Comment

Hammond Novachord

Comment

Brand new Steinway 9 footer with the mansion container.
                        Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Originally posted by koolkat View Post
                          Tough choice, but I'll go with the Prophet ~5 if I only get one.

HM - CS-80
                          Well, my Prophet REV2 arrived a couple of days ago. Not quite the same as the Prophet ~5, but I'm pretty giddy about this thing.
                          Dave Smith Prophet REV2 :: Moog Slim Phatty :: Doepfer d3m controller :: GSI Burn :: Yamaha MOX6 :: Roland Gaia

Comment

Originally posted by koolkat View Post

Well, my Prophet REV2 arrived a couple of days ago. Not quite the same as the Prophet ~5, but I'm pretty giddy about this thing.
                            Congratulations!

Did you get the 16 voice, or the 8 voice version?

- George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                            X