The Roland D-50 is back...

Phil O'Keefe

Looks like Roland has added a recreation of the D-50 to their Boutique line of modules... the new Roland D-05.

rolandd-05straight-cf5301f8.jpg

http://www.harmonycentral.com/news/roland-announces-d-05-linear-synthesizer

There's a couple more days left in their annual September launch event... I wonder if they're going to have any other Boutique modules forthcoming? The only drum machines left that I could possibly imagine them adding would be the TR-707 or maybe the R-8... and as far as other keyboards... what other legendary Roland models would they add? Honestly I was kind of surprised they re-did the D-50 in this format since you can still regularly find original D-50's (and D-550 modules) selling for around $500 on the usual auction sites.

What do you think of the latest Boutique? Cool, or ho-hum?

• Members
God I wish Roland would get on the iOS bandwagon -I would pay good money to have this on my iPad

Me too. But maybe the problem is more w/Apple. iPads and iPhones change over time. I had an old 30 pin iPad. Now I have a 2017 Pro.

I've been shopping for an audio interface so I can get back to recording. The Focusrite offerings aren't compatible w/2017 iPads yet. They work great w/2016 and previous iPads.

So there are real forward-compatibility issues w/Apple systems.

• Members

Me too. But maybe the problem is more w/Apple. iPads and iPhones change over time. I had an old 30 pin iPad. Now I have a 2017 Pro.

I've been shopping for an audio interface so I can get back to recording. The Focusrite offerings aren't compatible w/2017 iPads yet. They work great w/2016 and previous iPads.

So there are real forward-compatibility issues w/Apple systems.

That hasn't seemed to phase Korg at all. I would be very surprised if that were the issue. I think they want to just keep their closed ecosystem.

Archived