Wurlitzer Sideman circuit diagrams anyone?

Rattusnorvegicus

• Members

I'm from Germany and after having searched for almost 8 years, I'm finally the proud owner of a Wurlitzer Sideman 5000. There was chance to buy it in the USA and send it to Germany, because it is really heavy and that's why - I guess - generally not many of these instruments were sold or shipped to Europe. It was nearly impossible to get this great piece of history and wonderful sounding instrument in Germany. I was very lucky to find it in a small cottage...

I cleaned it, changed the tubes and repaired some defects (wobble contacts and missing instrument classes), but unfortunately it still has a very strong static noise. Unfortunately, this can not be caused by the amp but must be caused by the sound generator, since the noise is also present when I connect a guitar amplifier.

I don't know if this is normal or not. I'm afraid some of the capacitors might be leaky, but I do not really dare to solder them out to check them.

Do you know if and manuals or even circuit diagrams exist? Without a circuit diagram it will be very very hard to repair the machine.

I would be very grateful for an answer, I am just a little frustrated with the machine because I can not fix the problem.

We would like to use the sideman for the live set of our band and due to the strong noise this is unfortunately almost impossible.

Archived