Having a really weird issue with JV-1080 MIDI. Any other owners who could help?

mrsonic699

• Members

I have a strange, strange issue with my JV-1080 that is baffling me. I use performance mode, and if I use any of the performance modes in the USER category, any MIDI information I send to the JV-1080 even on channel 1, gets sent to ALL CHANNELS. Even the midi clock, so I get this continous ringing noise. It worked just fine earlier today.

If I select a performance patch from any other category however, everything works just fine and I can send individual notes to all 16 channels. No midi clock noises, no funky stuff.

I even did a factory reset, but it's actually still happening. The problem is that I can only save to the USER category, so I'm desperate to fix this.

The USER patches are the only one that have the Bank MSB value 80. Others from 81 to 84. Could there be some sort of conflict there? Or just some setting I missed? I'm not even sending any MSB value data Another thing I heard is that the JV-1080 does funky stuff if it has its CMOS battery depleted. But I don't get a low battery warning when I turn it on, and it still saves all of my patches so it can't be dead. I do have a replacement though if that could be it..

Any suggestions would help massively. Not really sure what to do, thanks in advance.

Archived