midi versus audio latency pop issues

groovy13

• Members

Hello all, I hope I am in the right area for my question. Any way here it goes.

I finally got my Carbon controller to work with sonar platinum but the issue I have now is "pops n clicks"

Basically, in order for me to get the triggers(hitting the keyboard) to work in "real time"(so i hear the sound immediately when struck) to work in midi - I had to adjust settings in the audio portion to get this to work--and it did

Now when I open up a previous recording that is all audio - I have "pops n clicks" in the playback because of the adjustments I have made for the midi(i am totally new at midi)

my audio runs through a line 6 guitar floor system into my lexicon lambda interface - the lexicon into the computer via usb (also powers it) - i cannot get the controller into this unit directly(old 5 pin)

the controller(keyboard) runs directly into the computer usb (also powers the controller)

so my thoughts --questions

1. Do i need to get a new audio interface that I can run the controller and the line 6 through to make this work correctly?--noting that I would need the interface to also supply power to the controller

2. Will I have to continually adjust my audio settings to jump from all midi song to an all audio song?

3, Is there a work around here? I would like to get midi sounds and guitar in the same songs?

I appreciate the input---turn it to eleven

groovy13:confused2::confused2:

Archived