Motion Sound KP 500

easy1

• Members

:cool:Thanks Pro, Having usedthe KP200s for a while, I'm wondering if the new 500 is built as well, if there is a significant discernable difference between the two in terms onstage output and if I can use it ( I imagine I can) with my Motion Sound slave and sub-woofer -- Thanks

• Members

I got lucky and found someone with a nearly-new KP-500sn for sale. I had used a KP-200s for a good number of years before getting the 500... i have since sold my KP-200 because I no longer need it.

The KP-500sn sounds every bit as good as the KP-200 IMHO and may even be a little better in tone - slightly clearer in the low midrange. There's not much different in the overall design other than a large increase in power between the KP-200 and the KP-500, however if you have one of the older KP-200's then you'll benefit from an improved preamp section also (I replaced the preamp section in my old KP-200). I'm sure your sub and/or slave will still work with the 500 but I find the 500 to have a nice even frequency response as it is.

I used the KP-500sn yesterday in a major civic center. I played my Kawai piano solo using the 500 as a stage monitor with balanced lines going to the FOH system. and another pianist also used my piano so I heard it both from the stage and from the front of house. The sound I had on stage from the KP-500sn was better than the FOH tone, which was a serious installed sound system. I was very proud of my KP-500sn and I think it may be the best keyboard amp on the market currently.

Archived