Roland W 30 Question

OPEN OCEAN

• Members

Hi Panos and Merry Christmas

I'm a big W-30 fan. Been using it for 20 years (these days I have three LOL) and it's always been my sampler of choice.

Yes, looping is easily done on the W-30's sequencer (practically an mc-500mkii).

Here's how you do it:

- press "SEQUENCER"

- press "Record"

- now you to set the looping Start and End points:

- Go to the measure where you want your loop to start - for example, you can stay at measure 1 for this test

- press "Locate" (the Locate popup menu will appear)

- press "Set". This way, you have set the start of your looping at measure 1

- Exit out

- Now go to the measure where you want your loop to end - for this example, you can go to measure 5 using the "Value" wheel

- Now that you are on measure 5, press "Locate" again and hit "Set" again. Now your Looping Start and End point are set;

- press "REC" (the recording mode popup menu will appear)

- cursor down to "REC Mode" and select "Loop" instead of the default "Normal"

- Press START/STOP on the sequencer and you'll see it loops the four bars. Of course, by changing the loop start and end points, you can do this at any point in the song.

• 3 years later...
  • Members
Hi Panos and Merry Christmas

I'm a big W-30 fan. Been using it for 20 years (these days I have three LOL) and it's always been my sampler of choice.

Yes, looping is easily done on the W-30's sequencer (practically an mc-500mkii).

Here's how you do it:

- press "SEQUENCER"

- press "Record"

- now you to set the looping Start and End points:

- Go to the measure where you want your loop to start - for example, you can stay at measure 1 for this test

- press "Locate" (the Locate popup menu will appear)

- press "Set". This way, you have set the start of your looping at measure 1

- Exit out

- Now go to the measure where you want your loop to end - for this example, you can go to measure 5 using the "Value" wheel

- Now that you are on measure 5, press "Locate" again and hit "Set" again. Now your Looping Start and End point are set;

- press "REC" (the recording mode popup menu will appear)

- cursor down to "REC Mode" and select "Loop" instead of the default "Normal"

- Press START/STOP on the sequencer and you'll see it loops the four bars. Of course, by changing the loop start and end points, you can do this at any point in the song.

Hi there. I also have a Roland W30 keyboard. And I have the same problem, however I can't get it to loop even after following your instructions. I do get Point Error when I press the rec button to set the Rec Mode. Could that have anything to do with it?

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Hi there. I also have a Roland W30 keyboard. And I have the same problem, however I can't get it to loop even after following your instructions. I do get Point Error when I press the rec button to set the Rec Mode. Could that have anything to do with it?

I know that my reply is 2 years too late.

Concerning the “end point” with the example from Paolo Di Nicolantonio.

When you are on measure 5 and click on “locate”, then you turn the value wheel until the screen say “end point” and then you click on “Set” not before.

Archived