Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :-)

Not final versions yet. That's what I'm working on now, actually.

lol, thank you. Please let me know if you need somebody to do a French translation of it

and lol@ "Ceci n'est pas un avatar".
    Shoemakers wear the worst shoes.
    You left your ISO on Auto. That's a no-no.
    Click here to search HC forums.
    SoundClick
    SoundCloud
    YouTube

Comment

• Breaking News, "For the first time in history, 2 different products have the same manual. Millions of trees have been saved. Global warming is now a myth since the Amazon will do just fine".

Anybody know if the Kronos manual/s is/are available in PDF format yet?

I'll bet if you look at the manuals for Motif, Motif ES, Motif XS, and Motif XF, they're almost identical, with a few minor updates for the changes. Same could probably said for all workstation manufacturers.

Comment

• Not final versions yet. That's what I'm working on now, actually.

And as SOON as they're done, the KRONOS ships, right?

Right?!

Just kidding... no pressure.

...but please hurry!
        Response from John from American Musical Supply on why I have received 2 used/damaged Korg M3's and 1 reboxed M3 from Guitar Center (a.k.a. why I'll never buy from AMS again): Footfall wrote:What you're experiencing with these units is the result of our warehouse crew intentionally "overpacking" this product.Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, nanoPAD 2

Comment

• It's going to be a long stretch until April for McHale.
          Hurrr. Derp, derp, derp.

Comment

• So is everyone replacing "C's" with "K's" with electronic instruments?

I though it was just NI. This is a fad that doesn't need to happen.

be serious.

I have already replaced the first letter of my first/last name with a " K "

Rumor has it ( maybe I am starting it that Phil Collins is into Kronos & is now Phil Kollins

I live a life of fearless self invention

If you want to see God laugh, don't make any plans

Good is the Enemy of Great

Comment

• be serious.

I have already replaced the first letter of my first/last name with a " K "

Rumor has it ( maybe I am starting it that Phil Collins is into Kronos & is now Phil Kollins

Did he write all the music for Krusty's Komedy Klassic

Formerly known as sausagefoot.

Comment

• Yet another trend that the Curzweils were years ahead of!

Comment

• Has this thing been discontinued yet ... ???

I went to the store to finally play one of these things and it wasn't there ...
                  NEW ALBUM RELEASE ... THE END OF TECHNOLOGY ...

http://electrocabaret.bandcamp.com/releases ... Introspective future/retro pop dealing with themes of authoritarianism, apocalypse and alcohol ...

Featuring "Hot Mess," "Hateful Little Rapper," "Ladio GaGa" and "Somewhere in Time."

Comment

• sold out.
                    Response from John from American Musical Supply on why I have received 2 used/damaged Korg M3's and 1 reboxed M3 from Guitar Center (a.k.a. why I'll never buy from AMS again): Footfall wrote:What you're experiencing with these units is the result of our warehouse crew intentionally "overpacking" this product.Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, nanoPAD 2

Comment

• Cool ... Now I REALLY want one ...
                      NEW ALBUM RELEASE ... THE END OF TECHNOLOGY ...

http://electrocabaret.bandcamp.com/releases ... Introspective future/retro pop dealing with themes of authoritarianism, apocalypse and alcohol ...

Featuring "Hot Mess," "Hateful Little Rapper," "Ladio GaGa" and "Somewhere in Time."

Comment

• Did he write all the music for Krusty's Komedy Klassic

Phil is multi talented, he may have done the voiceovers

Its a small Korld
                        I live a life of fearless self invention

If you want to see God laugh, don't make any plans

Good is the Enemy of Great

Comment

• Yes - within the sample playback block, you can modulate the pitch and volume of the samples, including modulating with LFOs that (as I just got to test!) go into the low audio ranges (above 300Hz). I keep wanting to say more, but there's far too much to describe briefly. mildbill's advice seems on target: download the manuals from:
                          https://www.korguser.net/oasys/download/#manuals
                          ...and I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Fan-freaking-tastic

I'd ask, but I think you've answered everything. Every single one of my needs in a sample synth is more than met within the Kronos's architecture. I'm kind of amazed. I am 95% sure I'm buying one of these, with the 5% reservation waiting for a hands on test of the interface. The Oasys interface simulation, from what I can see looks fantastic though. Thanks again for your help Dan
                          Formerly known as sausagefoot.

Comment

• :-)

Not final versions yet. That's what I'm working on now, actually.

I will pay an extra $50 if the manual is 2X as long as planned with the depth of material and info to go with the length (no blank pages, double-spaced type, cartoons, or multiple languages in the same volume). There is nothing like a big thick manual!

Here is a question for you Dan. Is the development for an instrument like Kronos done primarily in Japan or is there a development team in the USA or other country as well? I would guess there is plenty of marketing input taken from all over the globe, but I am curious about the makeup of the core development teams. I work in R&D in a sort of inverse situation where the development teams for our divisions are located primarily in the USA and working with smaller focused teams from OUS R&D and tech service facilities. It is hard to do this, especially with a 12 hour time delay.
                            Gribs

...Music can be used to stimulate mass emotion, while mathematics cannot; and musical incapacity is recognized (no doubt rightly) as mildly discreditable, whereas most people are so frightened of the name of mathematics that they are ready, quite unaffectedly, to exaggerate their own mathematical stupidity.

G.H. Hardy in A Mathematician's Apology (London 1941).

Comment

• R&D is in Japan.
                              If you need a KSP script, e-mail me! Depending on amount of work, the price can be arranged!

Folio: Zero-G - Animato | Sonokinetic - Tigris & Euphrates - Desert Voice - Carousel - Toccata - Voices Of Israel - EMP - FE | Hollow Sun - HSDV Drum Synthesiser - Music Laboratory Machines Series - RMI Electrapiano

Comment

• Here is a question for you Dan. Is the development for an instrument like Kronos done primarily in Japan or is there a development team in the USA or other country as well?

As with the OASYS, there's the development team based here in California ("Korg R&D") that I'm part of, and another development team in Japan. Generally speaking, we've been responsible for the realtime synth and audio aspects of the software system, and the Japanese team has done the sequencer, sampling, and hardware/mech. It's a collaborative process with a pretty large group of people. Keyboard did an article about the dev team during the OASYS launch.

- Dan
                                Dan Phillips
                                Product Manager, Korg R&D

Comment

Working...
                                X