Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think Kronos allows you to modulate a signal with a other oscillator.

Pretty much all Phase/frequency/amp modulation sounds that sound good are going to sound much worse without at least over 40hz.

As Evil Dragon notes, the MOD-7 does audio-rate frequency and amp modulation/ring modulation.

The AL-1 also has audio-rate frequency and amp mod/ring mod between the two oscillators.

The MS-20EX does this sort of thing as well as other audio-rate modulation, including modulating the two filter cutoffs (LPF and HPF) with the audio oscillators.

Best regards,

Dan
    Dan Phillips
    Product Manager, Korg R&D

Comment

• As Evil Dragon notes, the MOD-7 does audio-rate frequency and amp modulation/ring modulation.

The AL-1 also has audio-rate frequency and amp mod/ring mod between the two oscillators.

The MS-20EX does this sort of thing as well as other audio-rate modulation, including modulating the two filter cutoffs (LPF and HPF) with the audio oscillators.

Best regards,

Dan

THanks....

Now I feel embarrassed .

Can you answer if the korg's "classic" samples are in the Kronos too, like the M1 piano and the AI-2 strings etc.

Comment

• Can you answer if the korg's "classic" samples are in the Kronos too, like the M1 piano and the AI-2 strings etc.

and DWGS
        Response from John from American Musical Supply on why I have received 2 used/damaged Korg M3's and 1 reboxed M3 from Guitar Center (a.k.a. while I'll never buy from AMS again):Footfall wrote:What you're experiencing with these units is the result of our warehouse crew intentionally "overpacking" this product.Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, nanoPAD 2

Comment

• THanks...

Can you answer if the korg's "classic" samples are in the Kronos too, like the M1 piano and the AI-2 strings etc.

I'm probably stupid here. But every Korg I've ever owned had the M1 piano. (N364, Triton Le, M3m).

I probably don't have this right. But I don't know why the M1 piano patch would be a deal-breaker on a $3K synth.
          Youtube , ​Murika , France

Comment

• I'm probably stupid here. But every Korg I've ever owned had the M1 piano. (N364, Triton Le, M3m).

I probably don't have this right. But I don't know why the M1 piano patch would be a deal-breaker on a $3K synth.

for those special folks, its something to biieeetch about on the Internet
            I live a life of fearless self invention

If you want to see God laugh, don't make any plans

Good is the Enemy of Great

Comment

• As long as there's 20 kilobytes or so of sample RAM space available in the Kronos you should be able to load at least two of the M1 Piano sample-sets.

Comment

• and DWGS

Yes - the "ROM" PCM library (not really ROM, since it's just loaded into RAM from the SSD like the other samples) includes the M1 piano, various DWGS waves, and the entire Wavestation EX ROM. As TechEverlasting implies, these samples are all quite compact by modern standards. I don't know about the AI-2 strings, however.
                Dan Phillips
                Product Manager, Korg R&D

Comment

• Shoemakers wear the worst shoes.
                  You left your ISO on Auto. That's a no-no.
                  Click here to search HC forums.
                  SoundClick
                  SoundCloud
                  YouTube

Comment

• Did we just morph into the Hai Guyz thread?

Where am I?
                    Response from John from American Musical Supply on why I have received 2 used/damaged Korg M3's and 1 reboxed M3 from Guitar Center (a.k.a. while I'll never buy from AMS again):Footfall wrote:What you're experiencing with these units is the result of our warehouse crew intentionally "overpacking" this product.Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, nanoPAD 2

Comment

• You making new KRONOS DVDs when they come out?

I looked at the Kronos specs and there is a DVD listed in there. I would love to do "Unofficial" Kronos, depending on how basic the included one is. That would be the only way to justify a Kronos purchase to my wife.
                      "Unofficial" OASYS DVD

Comment

• I would love to do "Unofficial" Kronos, depending on how basic the included one is. That would be the only way to justify a Kronos purchase to my wife.

Alternatively you could do a sci-fi remake of the Kronos film (1957)

Plot summary:

Scientists investigate what appears to be a meteorite that crashes into the ocean. After a few days and nights of mysterious lights and noises, a giant machine comes out of the ocean. The machine is the creation of an alien race, that is trying to syphon energy from earth. A true classic, in that it is so different from anything in the time period. To this day, nothing else has come out like it.

Instead of Kronos being a 100 foot robot, just change it to be a 100-foot Kronos keyboard.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050610/plotsummary

Comment

• Interesting idea, Martin. I just watched the Trailer. Just wait until Korg sees their new baby sucking power plants and destroying everything in its path!
                          "Unofficial" OASYS DVD

Comment

• Yep. I used the AMS "Offset" for faster LFOs. I posted this patch, years ago:

AUDIO RANGE LFO

That sounds like the digestive system of KRONOS after taking a big bite
                            世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

• If you're using multiple engines in a Combi, how does polyphony work out? for instance, the HD-1 has 140 voices and the MS-20 has 40. If I'm playing both at the same time, does that mean I can play 140 voices of HD-1 _and_ 40 voices of MS-20, or is there some other way to figure out what the voice count will be?