Rebuilding my Rig. iPad-based?

MikeyParent

• Members

Hi peeps! I used to be a regular around here until my last band folded and I got kinda bummed and "withdrew" from all things musical. Not sure who is still around that remembers me

Anyways, so after being away from all this stuff for like 4 years I am being drug (not quite kicking and screaming) back into it all. Before my last band collapsed, I was using (in addition to my vocal gear) an M-Audio Axiom Pro and a Roland AX-7 driving an *early* Muse Receptor. I have since sold off my Receptor but still have the Axiom and the Keytar.

For some time back then I was toying with the idea of an iPad-based rig. I just totalled up all the music app purchases I made back then and it shocked me so I figure with that investment, I owe it to myself (with a potential venture in the works) to revisit this.

iMIDIPATCHBAY *seems* to be the thing that was missing from the equation back in the day: a way to tie the apps into a cohesive setup with a controller.

So who out there was/is using iPads in their rigs... and what has your experience been like?

Mike

Archived