Hai Guyz!

akliner

• Members

Hi strangers. Long time no see!

Let's all catch up very soon using the internet, but right now I got a question.

MicroKorg or Micron?

Joking!

Anyone ever play a StudioLogic SL88 Grand?

I'm mostly doing production and scoring work now and it's about time to swap out my main 88-key (currently a Yamaha S90ES).

When I play out, I mostly use my Electro 4 73. If I do piano-only gigs, I bring the S90ES and use its ROM. The sounds just aren't cutting it anymore.

Thinking about going the ol' laptop + Mainstage (running all the yummy synths...can we please talk about how amazing Keyscape is?!?) + 88 key controller for live piano gigging.

Anyway...I like a heavy Yamaha action, but have also kind of gotten kind of used to playing some piano parts on the waterfall keys of the Electro.

TLDR: Y'all like that SL88 Grand?

• Members

Hai akliner - I am working on putting together a rig with MBP + Mainstage meeself. Controlling mine with a MOXF6 (just in case). Still taking baby steps but it's running Komplete, Ominsphere & Trilian, Arturia V Collection, Ravenscroft 275, etc. without a hitch so far. The built in sounds in Mainstage are actually in most cases better than what i have in the Yammie. If you're able to use the Electro to play piano parts, you might stick with that. I kinda wish I had gone with the MOXF8 instead of the 6, but I have a Keystation 88 that I use if I am playing lots of piano. You sound like you have that covered with the S90ES. Don't worry about the sounds too much, after all, it is just there in case of crash, am I right? YMMV. As keetee says, it is pretty dead round here. Miss you here and over at Metro's place.

They still have the Hai Guyz! thread running over there. Good to see you back. Hang around a while!

• 4 months later...

Anyone ever play a StudioLogic SL88 Grand?

I'm mostly doing production and scoring work now and it's about time to swap out my main 88-key (currently a Yamaha S90ES).

When I play out, I mostly use my Electro 4 73. If I do piano-only gigs, I bring the S90ES and use its ROM. The sounds just aren't cutting it anymore.

Thinking about going the ol' laptop + Mainstage (running all the yummy synths...can we please talk about how amazing Keyscape is?!?) + 88 key controller for live piano gigging.

Anyway...I like a heavy Yamaha action, but have also kind of gotten kind of used to playing some piano parts on the waterfall keys of the Electro.

TLDR: Y'all like that SL88 Grand?

I used to have a StudioLogic 88 key controller. I believe the keybeds are made by Fatar. I had some problems with it (keys not responding, responding weird), and it got so bad that eventually I had to replace it.

I can't really recommend them based on my experiences with them. Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived