Would you buy a K2600xs in 2017?

EdgarDavid

• Members

Hi. I am from I am not in the US So I will give you a little bit of reference. Keyboard normally cost 2x to 3x more than in the US. I am an amateur musician mainly interested in playing for me, maybe sequencing a little bit using the computer, and definetely programing and getting sound online :-) My main interest are pianos and e pianos.

Right now I could get a kurzweil pc3k8 for $2300, normally the price here is $4200 Great deal!

But I am really, really short on money... I would reach out maybe but I really dont want too. They also have 2 K2600xs for $1315. they are in closeout without warranty :-S How much should that worry me? I know they arent the latest keyboards.

I would really really like to get the PC3K8 but would you buy a K2600xs in my position? Also there a little bit of nostalgic mystique to the K2600xs :-D I temember watching them on magazines and thinking to myself, WOW I would neve have one of those... haha stupid reason to pick your keyboard. Just thinking out loud.

• Members
Buy online. Shipping couldn't possibly 2K.

Sure, thanks... but right now either the pc3k8 and the K2661 are at really good price here... just asking if the K2661 is still a "valid" option or what do people think. The pc3k is almost $1500 less than in the US

• Members
I lost track of Kurzweil a long time ago. I think you'd get more bang from the newer Yammy/Roly/Cassy/Krog/EnthingImissed stuff. What's a K2661?

Thanks I edited my post, totally messed up... I meant K2600 XS :-S

Well, the top of the line worstations are more expensive than either of these kurzweils, and frankly I like the sound of kurzweil. The interface sucks big time, But i really like the sound and capabilities.

Yes, the casio privia are a lot of bang for the buck... it is one option. But I would really like something more advanced.

Archived