SCSIforSAMPLERS is no more. :(

McHale

• Members

on a whim, I just checked the WHOIS registry. I wondered if JD forgot to renew... He hadn't.

Registrant:

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: SCSIFORSAMPLERS.COM

Created on: 18-Feb-03

Expires on: 18-Feb-13

Last Updated on: 30-Jun-10

Registrant:

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: MPCSTUFF.COM

Created on: 08-Jan-07

Expires on: 08-Jan-14

Last Updated on: 18-Nov-08

• Members

I'd normally say, call JD directly and ask if he has parts left or could point you in the direction of where to get them. But I left him a message last week and I didn't get a call back - that has never happened before. Even when he stopped selling gear in the past, he retained his website. This is kinda weird to be honest.

• Members

UPDATE: We heard from JD on KorgForums. MPCStuff bought him out. :( On the plus side, JD said that he was still willing to help people out and could be reached at keyman@tampabay.rr.com. I don't know if MPCstuff bought out his inventory (I doubt it since they don't sell any of it or anything remotely useful to synth people) so JD probably still has stuff. If you need any of the stuff he had before, it'd be a good idea to contact him and see what he has left. But TechEverlasting is right. SCSIforSamplers on ebay was just some schmuck who stole his name.

Again, R.I.P. SCSIforSamplers You will be missed. But hopefully JD will continue to support the synth community through some other venue. If you need something, shoot him an email...

• Members

NO idea. I think they just wanted the additional web traffic. But as soon as one of us gets to their site, it takes all of about 5 seconds to realize they don't have anything ANYBODY wants. I don't think they bought his inventory, just the URL. I'd just email JD and ask for whatever you're looking for. Even if he doesn't sell it, he's very helpful and will probably point you in the right direction. He had some pretty famous customers. I wonder what they'll think when they end up on MPCstuff.

Again. big F U to MPCStuff and R.I.P SCSIforSamplers. :(

• Members

I wonder if anything would prevent him from starting up under a new name and continuing business later in the future. It's an interesting situation.

@McHale - Thanks for the info about the Ebay Seller I posted above. I had no idea that was not legit. Wow! A complete ripoff of the name indeed.

• Members

Haven't done anything cool in many years (mostly noodling and sound design last year/this year)- and haven't seen much of a community here (synth-wise). Currently needing to downsize, get an Emax working, and program a BCR2000 for use with my stuff (synth editing- not DAW control). That's me these days.:wave:

• Members

The BCR2000 is great for taking advantage of tons of great 1U synths. I'm all software myself for cost / convenience. I'm working on a eurorack and i'd at least like to get a small rack of synths and grooveboxes I can experiment with and sample then tuck away when not in use.

I always thought it would fun to have one of those synth meetups here like you see online. Every now and then I'd bump into someone but I could never get anything going. If you're ever up for anything, we can get soundwave106 to show up too.

• Members

I missed the upper east coast meetup when I lived in Paolo's neck of the woods- still kicking myself over that- sure looked like fun.

I'm definitely in if there's one here.

Being mostly software sounds really efficient- I've wasted tons of time binging/purging/GASsing- always thinking there is some holy grail of gear combo... and trying everything I can in order to see what I 'click' with. *sigh*...

still- over time I have found stuff I love to sculpt with, and have what meets my needs.

Surprisingly.. I've never gone truly modular (the ARP 2600/Roland System 101/SEM didn't really count).

So many cool modular options out there now- it's exciting and intimidating(TMI) at the same time.

• Members

Being mostly software sounds really efficient- I've wasted tons of time binging/purging/GASsing- always thinking there is some holy grail of gear combo... and trying everything I can in order to see what I 'click' with. *sigh*...

I don't think I could ever be all software. Not that I'm against it, I use plenty of software all the time, but hardware has that nice immediacy and control. Even though I have a BCR2000, I get too impatient to map CCs (and some VSTs aren't real happy about dealing with CCs anyways.) Where with the hardware, it's pretty easy to hook up an expression pedal or ribbon, or dial in knobs for instant access...

Surprisingly.. I've never gone truly modular (the ARP 2600/Roland System 101/SEM didn't really count).

So many cool modular options out there now- it's exciting and intimidating(TMI) at the same time.

Costly for sure, but yeah I'm starting up a Eurorack recently. It's like a synthesist's version of a stomp box in a way. I'm actually mostly focusing on sequencing and control, I don't think I could do well with *only* a modular synth as my sound source, so it's mainly going to be all those interesting pattern generators (or things like adding LFOs and envs to my 2 semi-modular synths). I do have a couple of unique oscillators like the Synthesis Tech E350.

Archived