X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Kay to demonstrate Yamaha MOTIF at NAMM 2011

The KORG Forum is lit up about this. Is KARMA is coming to the Motif?

http://www.yamaha.com/namm/w2011/details.html?CTID=5096620

Wow! Think about the implications of that.
    Youtube , ​Murika , France

Well if it's on the Yamaha NAMM news site it's as good as confirmed: KARMA software now works with MOTIF.

I wonder if this also confirms we WON'T be seeing KARMA features on the Korg KRONOS?

Comment

GOOD KARMA: KARMA-LAB RELEASES SOFTWARE
      FOR THE YAMAHA MOTIF XS AND XF

Cross-Platform KARMA Motif Software to Be Released at Winter NAMM 2011

BUENA PARK, Calif. Yamaha and Karma-Lab announces the development and
      release of KARMA Motif Software for PC and Mac. This new entry in the renowned
      developer

Comment

Won't be out until April or later. Kinda deflates the announcement for me. They should have waited for Messe.

Comment

Won't be out until April or later. Kinda deflates the announcement for me. They should have waited for Messe.

Winter NAMM is still the biggest MI trade show. Also, manufacturers usually are never ready to ship products they announce at Winter NAMM.

Comment

I suspect that Yamaha wouldn't mind heading off a few potential Korg sales.

Comment

Won't be out until April or later. Kinda deflates the announcement for me.

Kinda odd really.

I can understand hardware not being available to ship until 3-6 moths down the road, but if the software is ready & working at NAMM, what's the holdup?

Too many keyboards, not enough music.

Comment

I work writing software. It's not always ready when the marketing people want it ready, just like hardware.

Software needs to be "manufactured" too (or written, tested and dubugged, in this case).
                http://www.reverbnation.com/christianschulze

Comment

That's cool with me. If there's one shortfall on the Motif, it's that it doesn't have a badass VA. Now they do. Hopefully, it will be included on the MO series too.
                  Gear: buncha stuff and a couple bazilion cables

Comment

So the Motif would have to be connected to a computer running the software for this to fly, right?

Comment

Kinda odd really.

I can understand hardware not being available to ship until 3-6 moths down the road, but if the software is ready & working at NAMM, what's the holdup?

Easy... They will show only the working features at the demo. Seems a bit of desperation is involved on Yamaha's part. Maybe they just needed SOMETHING to counteract the force that is KRONOS?

Comment

Kinda odd really.

Conjecture:
                        Perhaps due to terms of contract with Korg. The Korg KARMA Workstation was introduced at the 2001 Winter NAMM, and maybe Kay and Korg had an agreement that for 10 years there would be no competition.

Anyone know what month in 2001 the KARMA was initially available to the public?

Comment

So the Motif would have to be connected to a computer running the software for this to fly, right?

Thats how it works with M3, Triton, etc, so I would assume the same to be true here.
                          After prodding from AZtechno, I have changed my sig.

Gear:

Yamaha EX5, Korg M3, Virus C, EMU MP7, etc, etc ....

www.myspace.com/giacomous

Comment

That's cool with me. If there's one shortfall on the Motif, it's that it doesn't have a badass VA. Now they do. Hopefully, it will be included on the MO series too.

KARMA is not a VA

Comment

Yes.

However, to address Wackawa's post--the M3 (and the Oasys) don't need any external computer to use KARMA features--it's built-in.

The Triton would require a computer connection.
                              Too many keyboards, not enough music.

Comment

Working...
                              X