Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farfisa Mini Compact: AMPLIFIER

So I'm about to buy a Farfisa Mini Compact Organ on eBay and I was wondering what kind of amp I should play this puppy through. I've seen bands play Farfisas through old Fender tube powered guitar amps. Should I play through a guitar amp or is there such a thing as an organ amp (that isn't a leslie or something super expensive)?

For a Farfisa, a guitar amp is perfect.
    Moe---It puts the SINES in the basket, or else it gets the hose again.http://www.hotrodmotm.com

Comment

Farfisa used to make amplifiers for their keyboards, FYI. But I agree that an guitar amp will work.
      A wise man knows the difference between opera and barbeque...

Comment

I used the Sabre reverb for my Farfisas. This amp had a 15" speaker and a treble horn. A nice combo to get that burst of high frequency noise that the organ is best known for. It cuts through anything. Noting that I never tried one through a Leslie !

Regards,

Comment

I've played my Mini Compact through a Fender Blues Deluxe and it sounds marvelous. But I bet any tube guitar amp sounds good, like a Vox AC30 or Fender Twin or even a Blues Junior (for lower volume situations).

Comment

Working...
          X