Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha - Wake-Up Call!!!!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's funny now to watch the MOTIF XF video after knowing what the KRONOS is.

http://motifxf.com/

Oh really? "It's even funnier reading these threads" , from folks like yourself, uninformed, posting valued personal opinions without any actual 'handson facts to back up them strange beliefs. hahaha WHY NOT Play One FIRST?.
    I can't Wait till the next round of gear comes out, AND Then the wasted threads, spouting more old forgotten molds and negative bacteria. Who are you helping here? What's the good word for the day?
    SMILE!!

Chas
    Yamaha Motif XF 8
    Yamaha DTX-MULTI 12
    Yamaha LG-800
    Yamaha F C 7
    Yamaha PSS 680
    Yamaha DD5
    Yamaha PS PC-50

Radio for music listeners
    www.ckua.com

"Is that a real poncho, or is that a Sears poncho" FVZ

Comment

Huh, what the....? "Probably-I'm not sure"?? http://www.yamahasynth.com please check the user manuals and then: Shoot the SH_t!!
      Why write that 'I' "guess" sh_t about XF at all? Learn facts first, then spout general info later, 'pleaese', that sounds so rediculous coming from folks I thought had a clue, even a small one. Come on, get over it.
      Well, genius, no-one owes you anything, so why don't you go and learn these facts yourself, then return to us with more sparks of your infinite wisdom? Somehow I don't expect to see you back soon, no-one can figure out the actual procedures from the Motif reference manual without having the actual unit at hand, and certainly not the parts relating to flash memory management. But of course you don't care, since your only intention is to troll around with useless ramblings.

Comment

Far from trolling man, If the truth hurts, there's 'usually' some truth to it.
        For real honest answers about Motif related abilities, any genuine questions often receive very rapid, truthful helpful, answers from qualified staff or knowledgable members over the fence , you know there.
        Lately I come here purely for entertainment value, it's better than three stooges and other replays on TCM. Especially when the fur and feathers fly.
        I may not have the talents or abilities many have, but I have the common sense not to make up stuff, or pretend to know with out the facts to be accurate.
        It's ok to be sorry you made a poor choice, or wish you had better toys to play with. No reason to bash the other guys. I don't see that happening anywhere else.
        I don't run down your board, if I like mine better, that's just my own choice.
        I want you to be happy, but without prejudg-uce.
        We aren't wearing short pants no more,,,.
        Chas
        Yamaha Motif XF 8
        Yamaha DTX-MULTI 12
        Yamaha LG-800
        Yamaha F C 7
        Yamaha PSS 680
        Yamaha DD5
        Yamaha PS PC-50

www.ckua.com

Comment

CP1 user suggesting a minor bug:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fblo g.petermmahr.com%2Fcategory%2Fyamaha-cp1%2F

Seems Yamaha think its ok. If I read their response correctly they have omitted some of the actual overtone sample (multiple sources recorded not all used) that may not sound pleasant, otherwise feel the CP1 is authentic.

The user also posts what look like another issue. Again hard to tell if it is just someone being too particular or not
          世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

WHY NOT Play One FIRST?.

I did. And I bought something else. And your trolling comments attacked me, not the comment. Like I said, WATCH THEIR VIDEO and listen to the sales pitch knowing what we know now. Yamaha continues to put a new shade of lipstick on the same old pig year after year. Not impressed.
            Response from John from American Musical Supply on why I have received 2 used/damaged Korg M3's and 1 reboxed M3 from Guitar Center (a.k.a. why I'll never buy from AMS again): Footfall wrote:What you're experiencing with these units is the result of our warehouse crew intentionally "overpacking" this product.Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, nanoPAD 2

Comment

If you feel that strongly, then I trolling-ly (a misused fishing term) appologise to you, whole heartedly.
              I was mistaken, and blurted out before thought.
              Just tire of negative comments directed at Yamaha products from folks that enjoy hearing themselves spout nonsense.
              All the various makes and models available, have plus and minus points that can be addressed.
              When you find your gem, polish it.

delete delete delete delete delete

"Oh well those thoughts aren't productive to anyone."

In the heat of battle, I always try to keep my own frailties in perspective.
              Chas
              Yamaha Motif XF 8
              Yamaha DTX-MULTI 12
              Yamaha LG-800
              Yamaha F C 7
              Yamaha PSS 680
              Yamaha DD5
              Yamaha PS PC-50

www.ckua.com

Comment

世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

Yamaha should diversify & make some toys for n00bs like Korg becuz not everybody is in a praise & worship group and needs a workstation. or is a big name producer. or is Yanni.
                  good trades: NITEFLY182

MCFX + check out ALBUERTZ

Originally Posted by Dr.Pain-MD

You forgot the Powerstack...

Comment

yamaha tried: DX200, AN200, SU200 (and the older phrase samplers) plus Rm1x, CS1x and DJx. ...and RS7000 for the grownups. something happened and they just werent making money off these. making things with knobs for "techno" noobs just lost its market appeal I guess tho Korg has kept at it. even Roland dropped its "Groove Approved" line after a while.
                    http://soundcloud.com/liliththekitten

Comment

Yamaha should diversify & make some toys for n00bs like Korg becuz not everybody is in a praise & worship group and needs a workstation. or is a big name producer. or is Yanni.

The DJs moved to software, and the "Microkorg" market is pretty crowded. Yamaha diversifies in other ways.

What I make with way too many blinky light modular items, plugins, and an Alesis Andromeda.
                      Forbidden Star: home studio / melodic ambient / New Age / the deep zone
                      Boney Fiend: the band, man / punk / garage / beer

Comment

Yamaha continues to put a new shade of lipstick on the same old pig year after year.

Too many keyboards, not enough music.

Comment

Yamaha does make a very diverse range of instruments catering to a range from beginners to studios, pros and pro-amateurs having deep pockets. How many Yamaha grands and uprights are installed at schools, churches, and college practice rooms, for example?
                          Gribs

...Music can be used to stimulate mass emotion, while mathematics cannot; and musical incapacity is recognized (no doubt rightly) as mildly discreditable, whereas most people are so frightened of the name of mathematics that they are ready, quite unaffectedly, to exaggerate their own mathematical stupidity.

G.H. Hardy in A Mathematician's Apology (London 1941).

Comment

Considering that KRONOS 61 will cost $3000 in the US, which is 25% more than the Motif XF6 (and maybe be 1.5 times as high as the Motif XS6 which probably is being blown out for under $1800), I see lots of people choosing the cheaper Motif, especially with the current economy.

The Motif series has been extremely popular so Yamaha will continue to sell them, and will sell a good number of Motif XFs. However, the Kronos/Motif XF price differential changes when you add in the cost of the 512MB/1GB Flash boards for the Motif XF ($150/$300 each, the XF holds two). The Flash ROM is one of the big selling features of the Motif XF, so I would think it would be a "must have" addition for many buyers.

If you add in the cost of 2 1GB boards for the Motif XF, the price differential changes:
                            -- Kronos 61 ($3,000) vs. Motif XS 61 + 2GB ($3,000) [2,400+300+300] -- same price
                            -- Kronos 73 ($3,500) vs. Motif XS 76 + 2GB ($3,700) [3,100+300+300] -- Motif XF7 more expensive
                            -- Kronos 88 ($3,800) vs. Motif XS 88 + 2GB ($4,100) [3,500+300+300] -- Motif XF8 more expensive

Comment

the Kronos/Motif XF price differential changes when you add in the cost of the 512MB/1GB Flash boards for the Motif XF ($150/$300 each, the XF holds two). The Flash ROM is one of the big selling features of the Motif XF, so I would think it would be a "must have" addition for many buyers.
                              Why not add the price of those large 3rd pary libraries to be loaded into the flash memory? That would easily move the XF into $5000+ mark...

Anyway, I'd imagine that should Yamaha need to boost the sales of the Motif XF, they could always include the 512 MB flash board with the unit, and also significantly reduce the price of the flash boards, something like $70/$120 (individual 1 Gbit chips are only $13 per unit in standard packages).

Comment

The DJs moved to software, and the "Microkorg" market is pretty crowded. Yamaha diversifies in other ways.

i meant like the n00bs, the teenagers & the indie hipster kids that buy the Microkorgs & the Electribes & the Kaoss Pads and not the Professional dance-oriented DJs & Producers that have moved onto software. why does that strategy work for Korg but it didn't work for Yamaha & Roland.
                                good trades: NITEFLY182

MCFX + check out ALBUERTZ

Originally Posted by Dr.Pain-MD

You forgot the Powerstack...

Comment

Working...
                                X