What's up with Solaris at 2011 NAMM? Still coming soon?

McHale

• Members

I met and spoke with John yesterday. I asked point blank, "when?" He said all the parts are in, they expect to assemble them in February and have them in users' hands by March.

he said that last year... Every year the price goes up, no product is delivered, and I lose more interest. :(

• Members

I met and spoke with John yesterday. I asked point blank, "when?" He said all the parts are in, they expect to assemble them in February and have them in users' hands by March.

I seem to remember a post by Carbon111 order 2 years ago when he was expecting his Solaris to be delivered within a couple of months...

• Members

I recall Arturia had a nightmare bigger than they could imagine when they got into the Origin project... every time line got stretched... even boasts of 96/24 specs got reviewed and changed down. They admitted it was allot harder to make than was planned. The forum's of expectant users got pretty angry, especially users in countries were things role quicker normally... bespoke is tough... I have stopped looking at gear like that because I want to buy stuff that is well developed and mature.. it may be getting old sometimes but at least the software works and your not a development G pig... IIRC they use the same type of DSP's (shark)...

• Members

I recall Arturia had a nightmare bigger than they could imagine when they got into the Origin project... every time line got stretched... even boasts of 96/24 specs got reviewed and changed down. They admitted it was allot harder to make than was planned. The forum's of expectant users got pretty angry, especially users in countries were things role quicker normally... bespoke is tough... I have stopped looking at gear like that because I want to buy stuff that is well developed and mature.. it may be getting old sometimes but at least the software works and your not a development G pig... IIRC they use the same type of DSP's (shark)...

Fortunately the Solaris won't be compromised in any way. First and foremost has been Sound. John has been in constant contact with the preorders and even involved us in quite a few design decisions. It's an absolutely lovely instrument. :love:

• Members

I'm glad to have one on order. Better to wait and get in early on a very unique piece of gear at a great price, than wish I could get one at full price later. The thing is that this synth has consistently improved with each redesign. It's also rare that you can make suggestions to the synth maker and actually see features that you're hoping for in the final product! Carbon111 is correct in saying that Solaris is an absolutely lovely instrument. :love:

• Members

I'm glad to have one on order. Better to wait and get in early on a very unique piece of gear at a great price, than wish I could get one at full price later. The thing is that this synth has consistently improved with each redesign. It's also rare that you can make suggestions to the synth maker and actually see features that you're hoping for in the final product! Carbon111 is correct in saying that Solaris is an absolutely lovely instrument.
:love:

So many trustworthy people have said this so I am sure it will come through... you guys gonna make us all V jealous soon...

Archived