No update on the Monotron....yet

bruto

• Members

I know no one at Korg, so this is just wishful thinking. But I really thought that Korg would announce an updated Monotron at NAMM - USB and/or Midi, possibly add an oscillator. And while I'm at it: The Polytron. How cool would that be?

Musikmesse perhaps - that's where they introduced it last year.

• Members

I know no one at Korg, so this is just wishful thinking. But I really thought that Korg would announce an updated Monotron at NAMM - USB and/or Midi, possibly add an oscillator. And while I'm at it: The Polytron. How cool would that be?

I suspect it was a case of, use existing knowledge collateral to bring out an easy to make and best selling low cost (low business exposure) product... Having said that the Japanese do not work in the short term world unless forced too. They have been selling mini products well so that may also be a driver..

Knowing it is such a leap to go to a full synth, I am not holding my breath.. would love to think its a tester for bigger things and market reaction..

We can only hope for what's to come...

:wave:

• Members

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of a Korg MicroAnalog. I imagine four Monotrons in a similar configuration as the Mono/Poly; selectable 4 osc mono, 2 osc duo or 1 osc 4 voice poly. Added ADSR for the VCF and VCA, housed in a packade similar to the MK with a three octave mini keybed. Some other features like osc sync, glide, an LFO, MIDI, etc could probably be useful too. I'm not a tech guy so I have no idea if this would even be economically viable though. What I do know is that I'd love to see a proper, simple analogue synth made from Monotron parts, the sound of that thing is just too damn good to be wasted on a toy.

• Members

Not time yet. They have to let you enjoy the life savers before giving you the candy bar.

Archived