Logic 9 Midi question

teknobrat2003

• Members

How do I truncate a MIDI event from the front end? For instance: I push record, but don't play for a few seconds as I wait for the right moment. Then, after recording, there is a block in the Arrange window that represents what I have just recorded with a few seconds of silence in the beginning. It's easy in the Arrange window to click/drag the right edge cursor back to the left, which shortens the block. It doesn't want to do this from left/beginning to right, though, and that's what I'm trying to accomplish.

• Members

I can shorten the block from the right edge. Maybe you just need to zoom in on that MIDI block alone, to be able to do it -- for that, select the MIDI event and hit the Z key.

L.E. OK, I get it: Just click and drag to select the part you want cleared holding down the CMD key, then after selecting that, a simple click on it will split the MIDI block in two parts. Now you can delete the unneeded part.

• Members

To split by playhead for your particular situation, simply hit the Enter/Return key (for the playhead to go at the beginning, where the notes start), then right-click on the MIDI block to select this from the menu.

(I work with the Cycle button activated and the green bar usually starts at the beginning of the song, so when I hit the Enter key, the playhead jumps at the beginning of the green bar at the top. If you don't work that way, you can grab and position the playhead where you want the split to happen -- when moving it, it snaps to grid in small increments to help you place it right).

Archived