Hammomd B3/C3 - can you hook up dual jensen spinners?

• Members

What connector would that be? Thanks a lot. You made a decision easier for me.

The problem is that the kits are quite expensive. I would end up building my own to save money, but that may not be for you. A 122 type is wired different than a 147 type, and they are electrically incompatible even though the connectors are the same. You always have to clearly mark the leslie connector on the organ for the correct type to plug in, and be careful not to plug the wrong type in.

Here are some kits for various models:

http://www.tonewheelgeneral.com/build_page.php?category=Leslie+Speaker+Parts&subcat=Kits

• Members

I had virtuallly the same situation for my A100. I had a 122 type (I think 21H - that I had converted to a two speed) and also a 145. The advice I got was also to convert the 145 to a 122 input. These are now daisy chained together so I can use either or both of the Leslies. Then I had a pre-amp pedal made that allows for the use of a Clone (1/4") input in a 122 rather than a 145/147 configuration.

Everything work great.

• Members

I used two for 17 years, six nights a week on the road. Had a B and M3 with me for smaller clubs.

On each end of the stage, a 147 with a Sunn 6-10" on top of each for my Wurlie, Clav, Stringman,and Arp.

I was in heaven. Stereo PA's were unheard of then. Also had an Octave Kat, then Minimoog, but got rid of them because of constant pitch drift. To this day I think of the Minimoog as a piece of crap.

There was a silver pedal for the Leslies...used JBL 130's in the leslies, super improvement.Also, I had a small box with 1 fader pot so I could fade from all Leslie to all straight amp ala Jon Lord. Ahh to be young again!!!! Richard

• Members

i would recommend having the 145 amp rebuilt as a 122.

it's not going to be that much more expensive, and it's going to make integrating it into your rig _much_ simpler.

Yeah.

Plus, some people complain of poor noise rejection or hum with the single-ended inputs of 147s. And, with the two different types, you'd have speed switching incompatabilities to overcome.

Archived