Weird PIANO problems with RD-700 NX

bmichels

• Members

HELPP !!! I have my RD700NX since few days and I have weird issues with the piano sounds. I hope I don't have a defective RD700NX !

1 - When the damper pedal is pressed, I find the Syn Resonance quite annoying and not realistic ( in the upper part of the keyboard , above middle C, rather than a subtle "string resonance", I hear a strange strong "windy" noise besides the note,). Way Too much effect ! For all the "ONE TOUCH PIANOS" It is set to :"Deph =52.

--> I have to lower it to 10 or set it OFF to have something realistic !

-> Strange nobody mentioned this ? (this problem occur only when the damper pedal is used)

2 - I can edit only 9 of the 30 pianos sounds !

the manual says "In the ONE touch PIANO screen use the VALUE dial to select the variation that you want to edit... press (Tone Edit) button..."

But then I have, in the first highlighted line, access to only 9 pianos:

001 - Concert Grand

002 - Honky-Kong 1

003 - Concert Mono

004 - Studio Grand

005 - Honky-Kong 2

006 - Studio mono

007 - Brillant Grand

008 - Honky-Kong 3

009 - Brillant Mono.

For example, Rock Grand, Mellow Studio or Antique Piano 1 & 2 are missing and therefore NOT editable ??

If I select and play for example the Rock GRAND and then press (TONE EDIT) key, I am proposed to edit 001:Concert grand.

And.... what the hell are those Honkey-Kong 2 & 3 since we have only ONE Honkey-Kond sound accessible through the ONE TOUCH Tones ?

--> Could someone check for me if his has access to setting for only 9 pianos or if for example he can edit the Rock GRAND ?

3 - I am very surprised that for ALL the 9 pianos available through the (TONE EDIT) key, the EDIT parameters are all the same. I hope I don't have a defective RD700NX !

I have (after I carefully restored all to initial conditions, with the INITIALIZE function) for example, for EACH of them :

LID =5

Damper Noise = 29

Duplex Scale =16

String Reso = 64

Key off reso = 64

Hammer noise = 0

and...

Synth Reso Deeph = 52

Peaking Freq = 250 Hz

HF Damp = 3150 Hz

--> How can ALL those parameters be the same for ALL piano !!!. They should be adapted to each sound ?

--> Could someone check for me if his setting are also the same for ALL 9 pianos ?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Archived