February New Gear Thread

spaceship

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just picked up a Yamaha YC-20 combo organ today. It's got great Vox and Farfisa sounds and can even get a bit Hammondish with the percussion tab.

It's hard to get the combo sound from anything other than the real thing. The grunt of the transistors is quite primal.

• Members

it's been too long so i finally upgraded to Max 5/MSP/Jitter and am studying a lot to rebuild my skillz; i can't believe i haven't used this is so long. funny enough, i saved a lot of money by buying this from B&H/New York who in turn has cycling '74 ship directly (they're local up in SF).

570537.jpg

• Members

the colour reminds me of a girl who hurt me rather strongly, so i think i want to repaint it PPG Blue, like it should have been to begin with.

also it needs keybed repair. the overall frame broke its plastic studs. thanks, Fatar!

s640x480.jpg

it sounds incredible. after i figured out how to initialise a sound i was making wavecomputer sounds in no time!

• Members

the colour reminds me of a girl who hurt me rather strongly, so i think i want to repaint it PPG Blue, like it should have been to begin with.

also it needs keybed repair. the overall frame broke its plastic studs. thanks, Fatar!

s640x480.jpg

it sounds incredible. after i figured out how to initialise a sound i was making wavecomputer sounds in no time!

Congrats on that one. I'd like to have one myself. Very much.

• Members

Aside from the color, what's even uglier is that "XT". It looks as if a child was messing with paint on it. I would paint over that too:)

I'm going to remove the keybed of the DSS-1 too and try to figure out if it can be dampened [using felt or something]. It is very loud.

"ugly" and "beautiful" are both subjective of course. Just my personal taste.

• Members

My Octatrack came in today!

The trinity is complete

FIlkzl.jpg

Hey, you can't by any chance hook up a keyboard to that and play a given sample polyphonically can you?

It seems like its made mainly for sequencing and manipulation, but I figured I'd ask....

• Members

^^^^

Yeah, that's one of the clips that pushed me over the edge. I'm of the opinion that the earlier clips and demos did something of a disservice. Like the Elektron Trinity videos... too much going on and it was hard for me to tell which box's responsible for what. After a couple of weeks of camping at Elektron-Users and hearing demos from Allerian and other kind folks over there though... I knew I had to get in. Little concerned about the pre 1.0 OS right now but it isn't stopping other folks from getting results. I'm sure Elektron will get that sorted out in short order.

• Members

Dude, don't paint your synth! Man it drives me crazy when people paint their synths. Ignore the color. It will ride up with wear.

Archived