Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and you didn't dream of reverse keys?

Hah. That was actually pretty damn cool. First reversed keys synth I like the look of. Have them make one and I'll buy it!
    Selected Gearlist: Yamaha PSR-760, 3 meter long Hosa stereo cable (jack to phono).

Comment

and you didn't dream of reverse keys?

Nooooooooo, my music will sound out of tune, lol
      Shoemakers wear the worst shoes.
      You left your ISO on Auto. That's a no-no.
      Click here to search HC forums.
      SoundClick
      SoundCloud
      YouTube

Comment

Seriously though. I'm sure Korg would have sold more M3s if they made a black version. I think it's psychological for me: I'm more likely to get inspired and make some music while sitting in front of a black keyboard than a red, orange, or white one.

Plus stains are worse on white/beige than they are on black, lol.

Never laid my hands on an M3. I should go to Guitar Center...
        SoundClick
        SoundCloud
        YouTube

Comment

Seriously though. I'm sure Korg would have sold more M3s if they made a pink version. I think it's psychological for me: I'm more likely to get inspired and make some music while sitting in front of a pink keyboard than a red, orange, or white one.

Selected Gearlist: Yamaha PSR-760, 3 meter long Hosa stereo cable (jack to phono).

Comment

lolol Tropic, do NOT misquote me!
            SoundClick
            SoundCloud
            YouTube

Comment

Sowwy, I could not resist. I am EXTREMELY bored with work and only sheningans help.

Anyway, to stay on topic: Bought some softsynths. Have too many now. But it's a LOT of fun, and I'm writing a LOT of music at the moment (and doing lots of sound design too) so it's all good.

(And none of them are pink.)

Comment

Seriously though. I'm sure Korg would have sold more M3s if they made a black version. I think it's psychological for me: I'm more likely to get inspired and make some music while sitting in front of a black keyboard than a red, orange, or white one.

Plus stains are worse on white/beige than they are on black, lol.

Never laid my hands on an M3. I should go to Guitar Center...

I still like my M3. However, the Kronos is probably a better buy now, unless you can find the M3 for sale at a great discount.

Comment

The UPS guy showed up today (I've been waiting patiently for a week and I have to say I can't remember the last time I was left this 'breathless' over a synth.

This thing is the cat's ass, the bass and low-end sounds are unbelievably good.
                  Thanks to the gang at Noisebug for another excellent experience and a great deal, you guys are the best!

This synth will leave my collection when they pry it out of my cold dead hands, it's that good.

By the way, I sold my Moog Little Phatty and put the money towards this and the difference is night and day, there's no comparison, well worth the extra cash.

i like palin.
                  i think she would rattle some cages and that's what america needs.
                  ~ yumpy

Comment

Comparison might be unfair, but it's always fun. Name your 5 top differences, if you would be so kind, plzkthx.
                    Hurrr. Derp, derp, derp.

Comment

Oasys + that beautiful Voyager. What a dream set-up. Congratulations!
                      http://www.reverbnation.com/christianschulze

Comment

Oasys + that beautiful Voyager. What a dream set-up. Congratulations!

Thanks Christian
                        Now comes the hard part, trying to learn how to use all this stuff, but that's what makes it fun.
                        i like palin.
                        ~ yumpy

Comment

Comparison might be unfair, but it's always fun. Name your 5 top differences, if you would be so kind, plzkthx.

Hm let's see...

1) There's a lot more modulation routing options on the Voyager
                          2) The bass sounds on this beast are unbelievable, just think 'ball shattering'.

I've only been playing around with it for a few hours so far, running them through my Mackie's but I can't wait to get this over to where we rehearse and plug it into my Carvin PA and crank it up.
                          The sound is, I can't really articulate it, but it's just warm, fat and awesome.

3) I'm not going to say the Little Phatty sucks because it doesn't, for what it is, it's a cool little synth but the Voyager is like the full size real deal. The LP feels cheap, crappily made, plasticy etc, the Voyager is a stunning piece of cherry wood surrounded by big knobs, the backlighting on this edition is so nice and easy to read, this just feels 100x better built than the LP.

4) The third oscillator is a big deal

5) extra keys

Now keep in mind, I'm not a Moog purist, some guys swear that the LP & Voyager are two different machines altogether, but from my very limited experience with the Voyager, it seems to me that this is everything the LP is x 100.

I've been playing this dry as my MX200 is in my rack over at the rehearsal place and it sounds great, I can't wait to hear it with a touch of reverb and delay on it, I get a semi just thinking about it
                          i like palin.
                          ~ yumpy

Comment

4) The third oscillator is a big deal
                            Yes, it is. I mean, how else are you going to play 'Close to the Edge'? Not to discount the rest of your post...
                            ComputerMusicGuide.com

Comment

That's damn pretty. You done good!
                              Alesis QS8, Ensoniq Fizmo, Oberheim OB-12, E-MU Vintage Keys Plus, Rhodes 73 Stage, Wurlitzer 145, Wurlitzer 146B, Wurlitzer 206A, Yamaha CP-70B, Yamaha CP-30, Kawai EP-608, Hohner D6 Clavinet, Mellotron M400, Hammond M-3, Vox Jaguar, Baldwin Fun Machine, Wurlitzer MLM, SCI Pro-One, Moog Rogue, Arp Explorer I, Moog Opus 3, Arp Omni 2, Multivox MX-202, Crumar Orchestrator, Crumar Performer, Akai AX80, Akai AX60 w/S612 sampler, Korg Poly 800, Ensoniq Mirage, Roland CR-78.

Comment

Welcome to the Voyager club! I love the XY touchplate on mine. The backlight color does look nice with that wood.

The Phatty synths sound ok to me - I'm mulling picking up a Slim to make my Moog setup duophonic, plus it has the Tuning Scale features. OTOH, I also like the idea of putting together a little modular analog system around the Voyager.

Comment

Working...
                                X