Collapse
No announcement yet.

February New Gear Thread

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just dont know anything about machine drum . Most people say it's the sequencer.. does it do anything that Live can't do? they're just one of those weird things that you can't try out for yourself and the price is huge it's hard to take the plunge on anecdotes.
    Give me my moog, but **** off you american techno rockstar! people in countries I've never been to do it better than you!

Computer Music Guide

Comment

Replaced this

with this

My VCAs go to 11

Comment

Just came in today:

I have absolutely no idea how to use this thing, but I am looking forward to a quiet evening curled up with the owner's manual.
        My gear list:

Guitars: Epi Les Paul w/ BG Dark Buckers; '06 MIM Fender Strat; '89 MIJ Fender/Squier Tele; '90 MIJ Fender Strat; Seagull S6
        Amps: Vox AC30; Fender Champion 600; Vox Pathfinder 15
        Pedalboard: CS-2/Fulldrive II/SD-1/DD-20/DD-5/Behringer verb/Fish & Chips/Ernie Ball VP/TU-2

Mandolin: Loar LM-520

Keys/Synths: Korg Triton; Korg TR-Rack; Roland SH 201; Yamaha MM6; Yamaha DX7; Mac Powerbook w/ Komplete Elements 7, Vanguard; Reaper; Reason; Korg Electribe ES-1

Comment

I know what it does, but I dont know how to work it though there's no screen so I don't know how sample chopping is supposed to work. if you load in individual WAVs it should be a no brainer.
          Give me my moog, but **** off you american techno rockstar! people in countries I've never been to do it better than you!

Computer Music Guide

Comment

I have absolutely no idea how to use this thing

1. Select preset #1

2. Press PLAY

3. Grab a knob with each hand and twist

4. Release one knob, pump fist in air (waving glowstick optional)

5. Return to #2 and repeat until bored
            My VCAs go to 11

Comment

1. a Lexar 8gb thumb drive
              2. A pair/set of Zildjian Select Hickory 5B dip

I gave up whittling, although I still love to dip.

Chas
              Yamaha Motif XF 8
              Yamaha DTX-MULTI 12
              Yamaha LG-800
              Yamaha F C 7
              Yamaha PSS 680
              Yamaha DD5
              Yamaha PS PC-50

Radio for music listeners
              www.ckua.com

"Is that a real poncho, or is that a Sears poncho" FVZ

Comment

No so lets convince people to buy a sampler for 1,500$ so you can sound like a guy in that blade rave scene?

I believe that Blade track is by Tim Taylor. He prolly used much better gear.... no offense to Elektron.

Just saying.. the guys got good ears.
                MISSLE records!

random MISSLE record I've never heard.. Elektrons lack the right ... dirt.
                play Splelunker ... I dare you.
                http://www.nintendo8.com/game/678/spelunker/

Comment

Alesis Ion!

Computer things!

Comment

Just arrived today.

Synths: TT-303 . Analog Four . Octatrack . uWave II . Monotribe . Monotron Delay . MonotronDrum Machines: Machinedrum UWmkI . Vermona Kick LancetNew DJ Mix - AcidTed - Question Everything

Comment

I don't have a photo but just ordered a Moog Voyager "Select Series".
                      Forgot what it's called, 'Solaris" maybe? It's got the last OS and the orange back-lighting.
                      I've been wanting one of these for a very long time and last month I sold my Little Phatty to help fund the purchase.
                      I'll post some pics and the details once it arrives next week.
                      Thanks Noisebug, you guys are awesome!
                      i like palin.
                      i think she would rattle some cages and that's what america needs.
                      ~ yumpy

Comment

Since I really, really, need more keyboards, I picked this one up today. Payday + ratty old synth leaning up against the wall at resale shop = MINE.

It's pretty dirty, missing a few slider caps, and hasn't had a lot of love for awhile. But it seems to work more or less. I haven't spent too much time with it yet. Hey, it was cheap and it'll go nicely with my AX-80.

I don't smoke. But to think that a guy can walk into a shop and buy a working vintage analogue polysynth for the cost of a carton of Marlboros, is just weird. How could I not do it?
                        Alesis QS8, Ensoniq Fizmo, Oberheim OB-12, E-MU Vintage Keys Plus, Rhodes 73 Stage, Wurlitzer 145, Wurlitzer 146B, Wurlitzer 206A, Yamaha CP-70B, Yamaha CP-30, Kawai EP-608, Hohner D6 Clavinet, Mellotron M400, Hammond M-3, Vox Jaguar, Baldwin Fun Machine, Wurlitzer MLM, SCI Pro-One, Moog Rogue, Arp Explorer I, Moog Opus 3, Arp Omni 2, Multivox MX-202, Crumar Orchestrator, Crumar Performer, Akai AX80, Akai AX60 w/S612 sampler, Korg Poly 800, Ensoniq Mirage, Roland CR-78.

Comment

my first non-buchla format module. purchased used from fellow KSS lurker droolmaster:

Comment

Just got a GK bass stack last night for my live Keyboard rig. It replace a very underpowered Peavey 15inch power monitor.
                            It really sounds good! Lots of clean power , full bodied rounded sound, and a great bottom end.
                            I like my amps like I like my women and beer, Big but Light weight.

Sorry how do I get my photo on here?

Thanks Jeff

Comment

^^^^

Yeah, that's one of the clips that pushed me over the edge. I'm of the opinion that the earlier clips and demos did something of a disservice. Like the Elektron Trinity videos... too much going on and it was hard for me to tell which box's responsible for what. After a couple of weeks of camping at Elektron-Users and hearing demos from Allerian and other kind folks over there though... I knew I had to get in. Little concerned about the pre 1.0 OS right now but it isn't stopping other folks from getting results. I'm sure Elektron will get that sorted out in short order.

I've been following the Octatrack news as well. It has tremendous potential for live audio looping/remixing and sequencing - individual time signatures per track, sequencer can trigger the sample you just recorded, etc. Unfortunately support for MIDI foot controllers (a must for guitarists, violinists, etc.) was not included in the initual OS release. Once that is added, along with the Looper machine, it may well challenge the Looperative LP-1 for hardware looper supremacy.

Comment

I don't have a photo but just ordered a Moog Voyager "Select Series".
                                Forgot what it's called, 'Solaris" maybe? It's got the last OS and the orange back-lighting.
                                I've been wanting one of these for a very long time and last month I sold my Little Phatty to help fund the purchase.
                                I'll post some pics and the details once it arrives next week.
                                Thanks Noisebug, you guys are awesome!

Bad-ass. Always loved orange backlighting -- so very 1930s. What type/color of wood did you go with?

Keys and Pads: Arturia Analog Laboratory 49, Arturia Spark, Korg Kronos 61, Korg nanoPad 2
                                Strings: Carvin Bolt HSS w/ Wilkinson vibrato
                                DAWs: FL Studio 10, Sonar X2 Producer
                                Plugs: Arturia V Collection 3, Crypton Vocaloid 2 Megurine Luka, Korg Legacy Collection, Madrona Labs Aalto, NI Guitar Rig 5, Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0

Comment

Working...
                                X