The OFFICIAL Behringer loving BLUE RIBBON thread.

McHale

• Members

Per our beloved moderator http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2731520-Are-we-allowed-to-praise-KORG-in-this-forum&p=42105621&viewfull=1#post42105621)

All hail Behringer and praise all the great things they have given us.

Here's what I have in my arsenal:

1 x BCR2000

BCR2000_top.jpg

2 x FCB1010 w/ UNO mod

fcb10101.jpg

1 x XENYX 1202FX

1202FX_big-8e9b12bb39b327da6b0a63b7cc725

1 x CT100

CT100_big-d9bb65abc7080ea45b362d238a3448

If someone could convince them to make a keyboard controller with a crap load of knobs sliders and buttons, I'd buy it in a second!

• Members

Aside from a four-wolf shirt and a Kurzweil PC3, the BCR2000 is the manliest thing ever made. Now, if they'd officially support a BCL editor (not that BC Manager is bad or anything, it'd just be nice to get a sanctioned version).

• Members

If someone could convince them to make a keyboard controller with a crap load of knobs sliders and buttons, I'd buy it in a second!

They did. But you don't like Roland :(

NAMM 2012: Roland & Behringer have teamed up to introduce the perfect instrument for making noisy music. For those seeking the widest range of noise possible in a keyboard format, RB7 will also be available.

P.S: We chose to introduce it in 2012 for prophetic reasons.

rolinger.jpg

• Members

They did. But you don't like Roland
:(

Someone has to bring the goods to the table. In that relationship, Behringer would be the heavyweight and Roland would just be slapping faulty knobs and sliders in it. Plus, it's gotta have 76 semi-weighted keys. Two octaves is only enough if you do hop hop or pop music.

Looks OK though...

-Mc

• Members

Behringer is generally ok until you have to run audio through it. Then it turns your signal to {censored}. Hence the success of the BCR and complete crappiness of the mixers.

Even with that consideration you will want to be careful moving it around. Best not to risk that.

Spend $50-100 more and get something quality.

• Members

The BCR2000 is indeed like the Three Wolf Shirt. Its awesomeness puts all the other products of its company to shame.

Capacitors and resistors dream at night of being inside a BCR2000, and will cry many a tear when they learn that their ultimate destination is a Behringer Xenyx.

• Members

I've got a Behringer mixer of some kind. It got scratchy and noisy.

That sounds a lot like both Behringer mixers I've owned... :facepalm:

I've also bought Behringer equipment that never worked, just buzzed (it was known as an Ultramizer or something). Told the guy at the store, and he never raised an eyebrow - apparently it was a common thing.

So yeah. Yay Behringer.

• Members

I've bought (and sold) several Behringer products over the years. Some were great, some were disappointing.

First item was an MX-1604 mixer. Had it for several years and it sounded very good and performed flawlessly until I sold it.

Bought an RX-1602 rackmount line mixer and it was pretty crappy sounding in the lower frequency range. Also one of the main channels was a couple decibels quieter than the other. I thought I just got a bad unit so I exchanged it for a new one. Same problem so I returned it for a refund and bought an ASHLY LX-308B. Now that's a kick-ass line mixer!

DSP2024P Effects processor. Very cool multi-effects for the money. Also performed perfectly for the few years I owned it. Kind of regret selling that one.

What I still own:

B-2 Pro mic. Not good, but not the worst mic in the world. I've kept it just in case I need an extra mic.

BCN44 Nanocontrol. Nice little MIDI controller. I use this to remotely control some basic functions on the Eclipse.

ADA-8000 8 channel ADAT expander. This is probably one of their finest products. Excellent sounding A/D-D/A conversion for peanuts. I use this with an RME Fireface 400 and slave the Behringer to the RME's master clock with a BNC cable.

• Members

502_P0576_TopFront_web.jpg

Works fine as a little submixer for running a couple of synths to a monitor/FOH in a compact setup situation.

-------------

FEX800_P0330_Front_XL.jpg

Bought it as cheap/compact way to add true stereo reverb/delay to my Nord Electro. I now use a RE-20 Space Echo, but this did the job for a while. Very plasticky build tho and so light the weight of the cables would pull it off the keyboard haha. You can hear it on my NE2 Rhodes here - [video=youtube;aA2jNy3MHM0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA2jNy3MHM0

--------------

LX1-B_P0144_Front_web.jpg

Used it for a while on my bass and keys. Was never really 100% satisfied with the result. Should pop this on eBay actually, don't really use it anymore.

-------------

Also owned a MX1604 mixer for years. One of the channels ended up dying but it performed really well for many many years. Also had one of their DI boxes which worked fine for a couple of years, then died.

• Members

502_P0576_TopFront_web.jpg

Works fine as a little submixer for running a couple of synths to a monitor/FOH in a compact setup situation.

Wow, that's great! My band needs one of these! I use the Xenyx 1002B for the same purpose. Pretty clunky, but it works and sounds better than I would expect for $100. I've been gigging with it for years and no complaints!

598036.jpg

• Members

This thread is making me want a BCR2000 now.

If you've got one of those old synths that lacks buttons and knobs for live tweaking, it really is amazing. It learns the parameters for just about any parameter on anything midi. I bought it for my DW-8000, DSS-1, and DVP-1. I now have instant control over all those parameters that a vintage analog piece has. And I think I paid $150 for it new. I haven't tried to use it with my newer gear but I plan on using it with the KRONOS.

Archived